Thursday, January 1, 2009

The not so fun thigns about Christmas....

There are a list of things that are not fun about Christmas....Please tell me if anyone can relate....

  1. The amount of Trash that we consume, it's unbelievable, we seriously filled an entire dumpster at the ranch full of our Christmas trash, boxes, wrapping paper...it's out of this world.
  2. The energy it takes to take down Christmas. When I put up my decorations and trees I have Christmas music, the kids are helping, we talk about how excited we all are, lovely dovey times etc....today as I took down 2 (TWO) trees, no one in sight, no music, no helping hands....it's just not the same.
  3. My house is tornado zone. I'm not even going to apologize, it is what it is. I do have relief in sight, my housekeeper is coming Monday.
  4. Having my kids home from school is a Love/Hate relationship. I love having them home, but it is so much work.....I have heard my name 15348 times today. I can feel my blood pressure rising, the messes they can dream up are out of this world, and the food they can consume is out of control.
  5. No more board games. We didn't have very many board games before Christmas, everyone seemed to know that because we got over 17 new ones for Christmas. I am considering donating all of them to the Goodwill. By 7:20 yesterday morning, I had already played 2 games of operation, a couple rounds of uno, 1 battleship and a round of Life, Chutes & ladders and Tate was begging me to play another game of Horseopoly....I'm a pretty good mom, I tried really hard, but I am seriously hoping a small house fire destroys are game closet.
  6. I finally started throwing away left overs. I have cooked so many big meals and I have little containers of this and that left over....I can't take it. Let's just say our Dog was LOVING me this morning.
  7. I've gained weight...I spent 5 months losing 24 lbs when we moved to Arizona, It took me two weeks to gain it all back. I don't know why I feel that Christmas times allows me to put more junk in my trunk, but it's always the case. I'm not going to even address the weight issue today.
  8. Trying to find room in my kids's closets for all the new stuff Santa brought is a joke. I carried everything in their rooms to try and make one room in our house livable, and there's no room....it's pathetic. I have made the GRAVE mistake of cleaning out their closets when they are home, never again, so that project has to wait until they are back in school. Taylor's is the worst!
  9. Has anyone ever ran into the problem of "Santas" toys breaking. This year Tye almost had a nervous breakdown when his spygear broke. He was so mad, saying "This is cheap, the elves don't know how to make toys, how come I got a broken old spy crap" I tried to explain to him that I was going to take it back and get a new one. He looked at me, totally serious and said "Yea right Mom, are you going to fly up to the North Pole right now and get me a new one...." I felt like saying "don't under estimate your mom, you little turkey, I can be pretty clever!"

4 comments:

Audra said...

Wow Kim- I can relate to the weight issue. Seriously as soon as I go on track break I gain weight! It's no good! This year has got to be my year to get into shape! As for the trash...we have TONS of it! We have thrown away left over carne asada, tortillas, ect. I am ready for healthy food in our fridge. No more candy, cakes, cookies or my new FAVORITE white chocloate covered popcorn!! I love it- but damn by booty DOES NOT! Happy New Year!

Tara said...

oh how i can SO relate to everything you just posted!! other than i'm still refusing/avoiding taking down all the christmas decorations due to the mere fact that i also will be doing it all alone! luckily you have a house keeper, i'm requesting one for my bday this year:) email me the details for disneyland, we've got something planned on the 13th but can change it if the disney thing works out!!

Lindsey said...

SERIOUSLY...I agree with Taters....sometimes those CHEAP ELVES slack off. Poor kid. :)

Kris said...

I can relate to everything you posted. We too got a huge amount of games till I'm sick to death of them. I finally told them no more games until Sunday Night game night. Trash galore, I'm sick of sweet stuff, and I know I've gained at least 5 pounds just from the holiday. It sucks, but was so much worth the fun. Taking down the deco is not my idea of fun and I actually spread it out over three days so I didn't feel so consumed by having to have it done in one day. Good luck with the elves!!