Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm alive & well

Three facts about my day.....

1. Tye pulled out a slinky and folded it in half to look like a Bum and was moving it up and down up and down, up and down. Taylor went up to it, started moving it back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, and then said "It's Mommies Bum." Nice huh....

2. Tate was totally mad at me because I couldn't find Bubble Gum Ice cream at the store. He finally decided on Mint Chip but told me I had to take out all the brown pieces (chocolate). I tried to pick the main pieces out but when he eventually found one he asked me...."Can you do anything right?"

3. My back seriously went out of place on Sunday, so last night I started a bath. Bubbles, baby oil - the relaxing kind. The phone rang and afterwards I walked back into the bathroom and it TOTALLY STUNK...I mean STUNK...I was livid. I found the culprit and said "We have 3 other toilets in this house, why do you always have to stink up mine." The answer: At least I flushed. Needless to say no bath.....

I tell myself we are a normal family, but there are moments. We've been super busy lately, but what's new. We're alive & well. Dentist Appts., Scouts, Working (the cold weather caused so many problems on the ranch), doing our taxes, mutual, getting ready for a overnighter with all the young women, basketball, feeding the missionaries...you name it. It feels like my days run into weeks. The nice thing is that it's been Sunny, which I love and over 15 degrees 2 days in a row. In fact last night Wes & the boys played a game of football in the snow. Tate got caught a few times in the drifts (his poor little legs) but it feels like Summer compared to what we just went through. Only two weeks until Sunny Las Vegas.....here we come.

I heard this song on the radio (Alive by Kenny Chesney) and loved it...It's so true, today's just one of those days that I'm alive and well.....I have nothing fabulous to report, nothing bad, a few funny comments from my kids, but just happy to be alive...& well!

3 comments:

Audra said...

Never a dull day at the Davis house! See you in two weeks!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

I love this song. You know that they say no news is good news! I LOVE boring.

Tanner and Chelsey said...

Your kids are always a crackup. I love it! I hope that you have a fabulous trip! I miss and love ya!