Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cold Days...

I can't even explain what 42 below zero feels like...I'm not even stepping outside to test it out. I do know that when school is canceled, it's not a blessing. It's 1:30 and I don't even want to remember my morning, all I do know is that I'm just going to survive, and worry about tornado I have to clean up tomorrow.

We started out o.k....Wes told the kids they couldn't spend all day playing video games, they had to read books first. They got out some books, but instead of reading I overheard Tye telling Tate what kind of seals killer whales could swallow whole. They were all obsessed with all the animals a killer whale could eat.....at least they were attempting to read and not obsessed with attacking each other which happens very often in this household.



Tate started eating snacks...oh about 6:20 this morning. At 8:30 I finally told him no more snacks until he eats something healthy, he said fine, fix me a sandwich. A few minutes later he was back to eating the entire box of vanilla wafers, but I THOUGHT he had eaten his sandwich. At 10:06 I found this under his dresser...nice!

Around 10:30 after I cleaned up the play dough mess, put batteries in the Wii Remotes, loaded their marshmallow guns 6 times, found the remote to the TV, built a fort in the stair closet, did the dishes, played battleship and chutes & ladders, looked at the laundry pile (but then walked away), had two phone calls with my boss while I locked myself in the bathroom, attempted to balance my checkbook, swept the floor 4 times and made cream of wheat and 11 pieces of toast I called my friend to see if her kids could come play...

Lucky for me, she was thrilled. I have honestly blown threw a pantry full of snacks and have a serious mess to clean up - (look at the picture below) but I haven't heard my name in 33 minutes, totally worth cleaning up the mess.


I know I picked the song 9 to 5 to add to this blog, but the reality is, being a mother is no 9 to 5 job....more like 24/7.

6 comments:

Audra said...

I love that you add pictures...real pictures. Like food under furniture. It's so fun to read! Have a good day off...but 42 below is down right CRAZY!

Tanner and Chelsey said...

-42 is absolutely crazy!! It was like +45 here and the little snow we had is about melted...wierd weather! Miss you guys and hope that you survived the day:)

MaryAnn said...

Yeah - it's hard to imagine winter right now. Highs here have been in the mid-60's all week. Looks like a crazy day at your house!

Kimberly Davis said...

what's new huh?

Kris said...

Who cares about a mess! I bet your kids are having a good time and you need your sanity especially with the cold outside. When will your winter end?

Cheryl said...

42 below??!!! i can't even begin to imagine. It's 80 degrees today :)