Monday, January 26, 2009

Saying Sorry

I don't know why our kids have such a tough time saying sorry when they do something wrong. (Although their father could stand a lesson or two in this department) Never the less, when they argue, or do something wrong and I tell them that they have to say sorry - it's immediate tears. I don't understand, it's two simple words and yet they think I'm punishing them for life. When Tye has to say it...he pops this attitude and says - Sorry, but he's not. Taylor says it, but immediately runs to her room, slams the door and cries. Tate is the worst. When you tell him he's got to say sorry, he'll go in his room and pout for about 15 minutes, and then he'll come out and barely whisper, under his breath....."I'm sorry" in this gruffy voice. He has to seriously prepare to say it, it's kind of funny, kind of sad. (Just another thing I'm probably failing at, teaching my kids how to say sorry.) Unfortunately, Tate is trying to take the easy road, when he needs to say sorry he's started this habit where he'll go in his room and draw you a picture instead. Wes got mad at him for some reason and I told Tate he needed to tell Dad sorry, instead 30 minutes later he came out his room with this picture. It's Tate & Wes throwing snowballs, Tate & Wes riding horses. (I think it's funny how he wrote Wes instead of Dad, but it's cute.) I said to him, does this mean your sorry. He said "Can't you read?" I said "Yes", he said - "Didn't you read the heart?"I said "Yes I see a heart," he said "Well, that means I love him again" - not once, did a sorry come out of his mouth.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Kim! Do you know what subdivision they live in? Even in our subdivision we have 4 chapels so chances of us being in the same ward is slim but you never know. I knew a kids named Ken Turley- what's her maiden name? (if you know)

I love Tate's drawing- so cute. My kids are the same way with saying sorry!

Karry said...

This drawing is precious - you must keep it forever. How I love Tate's tender heart, even if he doesn't say sorry quickly.

Lolo said...

I love knowing that you have a blog and getting to keep up on you and your cute family! You are still the same amazing person i knew in the mission. Well, maybe not the same because now you have a husband, kids and a very crazy life, but you seem even more amazing now!!! Who would have thought you'd end up in Wisconsin. I'm sorry about all the cold weather. Did you already go to VEgas? We are going next week! Your family is so adorable!!!

Audra said...

I don't say sorry either. I just buy them something and call it good! I do like Tates picture. It makes me miss Kindergarten.

MyrLynn said...

Is there a kid around that like to say "sorry"? I make mine do it and hug. they can choose to do that or sing "Love at Home" to whomever they offended. Then they stand there and take FOREVER to decide what they are going to do! Kids...Gotta love'em