Saturday, January 3, 2009

Celebrating Emma

On January 1, 2008 My grandmother, Emma Matzner Rathje, died. We had just celebrated her 100th Birthday in August. I am so happy that my children were able to know her and that I was able to have her as my grandmother, I love her dearly. I know she is in Heaven rejoicing, reuniting with her husband and children. However, it still doesn't take the pain away, and my heart is hurting.

I am so happy that for Christmas I decided to make a Book called "Celebrating Emma"that captured all the moments of her on that day (Her 100th Birthday Party). It really turned out Beautiful. The book arrived Dec 31, she was able to spend the night looking at the pictures and remembering that day. She fell into a coma later that night and died the next morning. How grateful I am that I finished the book, and that she spent her last night on this earth enjoying it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that!! It is so hard to lose a loved one. That is so neat the photo book arrived so she could look back and remember that day. We are thinking of you and your family!!!

Travis and Nikki said...

WE send our love to you Kim. We are sorry for her death. We hope your dad is doing okay and we hope your mom's knees are doing better.