Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tye's at School!

For weeks I have been dreaming about the day Tye would be back in school, and yet this morning as we took him for his first day of school I kept thinking about how much I am going to miss him. Tye is smart, strong willed, determined, full of energy, loves to tease and strives for success he is also so competitive. He's so naturally athletic (like his dad), and he's so mature for his age, (like his Mom j/k) he is very kind hearted, but HAS to be busy. If he's not busy he has the power to drive me completely in sane, he knows every button to push to get me livid! While I have been counting down the days for him to go back to school, this morning as I said goodbye to him, tears streamed down my face. I tried to hide them, but Tye said - "Mom, I'm going to be OK," The reality is, I know he will be be O.k.- it's me I worry about.

He woke up at 6:15 - (school does not start until 8) took a bath, requested eggs, bacon and french toast for breakfast, (which he ended up not eating because he was too nervous) picked out the new clothes he wanted to wear, wore his new shoes, combed his hair, we packed his lunch and out the door. He was funny because he ran back into the house and when he got in the truck you could smell Wes's cologne - he is so particular on how he looks at what he wears, but he is so handsome! I love that little boy - he's just not that little anymore. Wes gave him a Father's Blessing and we talked to him about being kind, respectful..the usual, and off he went.

What am I going to do when he leaves for college, goes on a mission or even gets married, I can't even imagine - that boy will always be my baby!!!! I think I have already said 5 prayers for him today, and yet in all reality I forget who's son he really is - I'm just glad he's mine for now. I wonder if Heavenly Father hurts this bad every time he sends one of his sons or daughters to earth - Tye gets off the bus at 3:46 and I'm going to be waiting!

2 comments:

Connie and Joe said...

Ok, today you made me cry instead of laugh. Tye is such a good looking kid and all that you said brought back a flood of memories of Trent and of school, mission, college and marriage. They all killed me but you find out life goes on and now he's 35 (that makes me old)and I still worry about him!

Audra said...

Tye looking good on your first day of school! I hope your teacher is as cool as ME! :) I start 9/15- there is so much to do!