Sunday, September 14, 2008

Enjoying the Ride

My friend Tara has this quote on her blog and I love it..

"Most putts don’t drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old-time rail journey--delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

I have to admit, if I would have known how many phone calls I would have gotten by writing mylast blog, I would have wrote weeks ago, just to talk to you all! But I never regret having those days, I always realize in the end that I have everything in life that really matters. The gospel, my sweet husband, beautiful children, fabulous freinds, wonderful family and in the end, all I could hope for.

O.K. I've been serious enough...now for a catch up. On Friday after I had been in the house all day and realized that I go crazy if I have to stay in the house and have nothing to do I put Taylor in Suburban and headed to Sams Club. I have to say I usually drive my Volvo 85% of the time, thanks to the current gas prices, but going to Sams requires the Denali. I took an old country road instead of the freeway and it is BEAUTIFUL here, the fall colors are just starting to turn and after living in AZ for the past two years this place looks like a paradise. Suggestion - never go to Sams Club on a Day your not thinking very well - it's a dent in the pocketbook. Halloween is coming, I loved walking through the Halloween isle, buying trick or treat candy, (which I bought plenty and then realized who in the world is going to come trick or treating at our house - we have no neighbors, the only friends my kids have our animals, moles, frogs, horses, lots of cows and our dog molly- I don't think they'll be ringing the doorbell!!!) The funniest part was when we got to the costumes - Taylor would have won the indy 500 for as fast and she got out of the cart when she saw the collection of Princess Dresses. I wish I would have had a video camera. She was seriously picking up each dress, dancing around with it and then throwing it into the cart. I probably sat there for 20 minutes, just let her talk to herself and let her believe that I was actually going to buy ALL those dresses. There was a lot of tears shed when I made her only pick one. (but I got the tears to stop with a promise for Icee when we left.) I am going to try and talk my kids into being Batman, Superman and Wonderwomen for Halloween. Every year Tye is some sort of Ninja person - he has been the blue stealth ninja- the ice man ninja etc...I'm hoping to break that mold this year, but he's so stubborn he'll probably won't give in. Tate on the other hand has been a little of everything, Darth Vader and last year he was a gladiator - that costume was incredible - (Nikki I'm saving it for Jake - it's great) Taylor of course has been Snow White, and Cinderella - this year I'm going to push for Wonder Women, but in all reality I'm sure Belle or "Sleepy Booty" as Taylor calls her may win.

1 comment:

Nicole B. said...

Your blog is adorable! It sounds like you guys are having a good time in Wisconsin. Man that seems so far away. And just you wait, Taylor is bound to get the scissors out one of these days ;)