Monday, September 8, 2008

The Ice House

The Ice house is a little ice cream parlor close to our house. It's actually really nice, and decorated super cute. A couple nights ago we decided to go get some ice cream. What is neat about the ice house is that the front of the store there are tables chairs etc...and then in back of the store there is a drive thru. They also have this fabulous porch off to the side with a bunch of lounge chairs and horse bouncy things - as you can imagine - were always outside so Wes can ride the horse bouncy things (J/K - are kids love them).

Well we arrive order as usual, We head outside and Wes and I start visiting while the kids run around and play. About 10 minutes later the lady that served us poked her head out the side window and said can you come inside for a minute. I walked inside, and she said - "Your kids came through the drive thru and there trying to buy more ice cream"... I stood on my toes, looked over the counter and sure enough there are my kids standing at the back window, ordering more ice cream. The funny part was when they saw they saw me they just started laughing and Tye started waving my wallet in the air - they had stole it from my purse!!!! All I could do was laugh...they are creative.

What was so ironic is that after I told them no more ice cream they sat on the curb of the drive thru trying to come up with ideas to get people to buy them ice cream. They were thinking of starting a band with Taylor singing. I just kept thinking - O.K. they are my kids because when I was little Mom use to make me sit in the car while she went into the grocery store. We had a station wagon that had a back window that would roll down. What Mom didn't know is that I would hang out that window and Sing and as people would walk by and make Karry say "Throw Money...Throw Money...hoping we would get enough money to go buy some candy"

It's funny how life turns on you.... It's great that I haven't lost my sense of humor - with my kids how could I!!!!

5 comments:

Tonya said...

I need you to email me. I need your address and email address so I get those pics fixed so I can order some. I love your blog, you are a funny chick. Miss ya tons

Karry said...

It’s true. Kim and I spent many days entertaining fans in parking lots. I still remember her squeezing her chubby top half out the window, throwing her arms wide open and bursting into song. She had no shame. She also had no talent, which is why we never made any money off her performances. But we always laughed – Kim has always been one of my favorite people to laugh with (and laugh at).

Mandie said...

What goes around comes around...except I don't remember being such a little s#@* like my kids are!! I was angel!! ;)

Chris said...

Taht was really me on the last comment, I was signed in under Mandie's account - DUH!!

MaryAnn said...

Your stories are the best, Kim. Thanks for keeping my laughing - or maybe I should thank your kids.