Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh Taylor...



I have to admit having the boys in school has drastically decreased the noise level in our home. However having Miss Taylor around does not decrease the excitement. We have now moved little Taylor's world into the space connecting our dining room and kitchen. I thought Taylor would love having her own room, but she can't stand to be in there alone. Since she has to be doing what I'm doing, we have moved her kitchen, Precious (her baby), her horses and her computer into her own little area. Since I spend 80% of my time in the kitchen, she is always right here with me. Her latest thing is that she is the Mommy and I am Sissy - she'll call me Sissy and If I don't answer yes mommy, she throws a fit and tells me we have to practice again. The other day I was taking a bath and she walked in and said "Sissy we have to go to the store, I said O.K. Mommy, she walked away, then stuck her head back in the door and said "And I'm driving!!!"
She also has to help me cook what ever I am cooking. On Sunday she was actually in Tate's room playing horses with him and I had to make cupcakes for this thing for church. Wes& I were in the kitchen and I said Watch This. I plugged in the hand mixer and turned it on and sure enough you'd a thought a fire alarm went off, here comes Taylor full blast, pitter patter little feet yelling "I help you Mommy..I helpYou" This time it didn't go so well. I put her on the counter by the sink becuase she has helping me put the water in the cake mix. I went to the fridge to get the eggs and when I came back and looked in the bowl, Taylor had added more water....however she didn't use water from the tap, she had reached down and scouped up some water that the dirty dishes were in, so there were soap bubbles in the cake mix. I made a mistake and quickly yelled at her, and that is one thing you can not do to Taylor - she is so sensative. She started crying and felt so bad, but I felt worse, why do I yell.... instead of realizing it's just a stupid 1.00 cake mix - and that she was just trying to help, I sometimes loose track of what's really important. Trust me, it's only about the 100th time I have made that mistake, but luckily she forgave me and we made two more batches of cupcakes. Children forgive so much easier than adults -
But I can't help but thinking "Oh Taylor...what would my life be without you...."







3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Megan says hi to Taylor - she loved looking at her pictures. Megan also likes to pretend that she is the mommy and I am the "honey." Little girls are so much fun - at least I think so.

Tara said...

Oh Kim, your life is full of adventures! I laugh at each one, your kids are hilarious and sound a lot like mine...I need to be better about journaling the funny moments and learning moments. Taylor is too cute, Cala is just starting into the "Me do it" phase and it's about driving me beyond crazy! Thanks for the advice on being more patient I'll try to apply it more often:) I still can't believe you are all the way in Wisconsin!?!

Darice said...

Kim, you have a really cute blog! You seem happy in Wisconsin- I am glad to hear that Tate is doing well in school!

I found your blog from the comment that you left on Cheryl's blog. Hope you do not mind if I stop by your blog- I would love to keep in touch that way! Tell Tate "Hi" from Miss Darice and that I am so glad he likes school! We miss your sweet boys in Primary here in AZ.
Take care- Darice