Friday, September 19, 2008

Exhausted

What a week, I'm so tired! Yesterday was the day of our Open House at Wes's work. It turned out fabulous, but I'm so tired. I love throwing parties, and this was even greater because I was given a great budget! Everyone was so shocked that I could throw such an "event" together in such a short amount of time. What they don't understand is that I have thrown so many ward parties with such a small budget that I;m almost an expert. It's amazing what kind of party you can have when you can actually spend money! I would upload some pictures, but I still haven't even unloaded Wes's truck from last night. (Susan Wise, remember these days?) The party was nice, I ordered a 30x50 white tent, with all round table and chairs. I had a Fall theme, so my center pieces were floral wreaths with sun flowers and in the center I went to a local pumpkin patch and bought over 25 pumpkins and put in the middle. It really looked festive. Around the tent I had about 20 different arrangements of mums also decorated with pumpkins. I'm usually not a mum fan, but the falls colors looked incredible. A nice part, is that all the food was catered in. (Unlike Morman ward parties where you end up with 6 different types of jello salad with who knows what thrown in to spice it up!) It was just nice to have all the food brought 30 minutes before your party and then cleaned up when it was over. We had a great turn out and Wes's boss couldn't have been more happy, so I'm so glad it all turned out so well.

This will be the first year that Wes's & I won't be throwing our usual Fall Halloween party, we have no one to invite! (except our animals) It's o.k., I hope by next year we'll be back on schedule - or at least have some friends here in Wisconsin. We have been here for 5 weeks and really the time has gone by so fast.

I'm lucky it's Friday because every Friday Wes picks up the boys from school and takes them golfing. Tye is turning into the best little golfer, he loves it. Tate on the other hand loves the little black pencil that they give him to keep score. He is such a funny boy. Even yesterday at the party I rented a bunch of golf carts to give people tours of the ranch. Tye of course was trying to figure out which golf cart went the fastest and Tate found a stick and was running around pretending to load cows on a truck and using his stick as a "poker" to load the cows. His imagination is out of this world. The other half of the time he was on the fence pretending to ride his horse...he is something else. He is so happy in his own little world.

Today I'm going to clean my house, (because it's a serious mess) probably read everyone blogs, have Wes take me out to lunch, and hopefully find a new pedicure spot. I haven't had one since I left AZ, I'm going to have to tip pretty good to who ever has to work on me feet. (No comments Karry, although you should post a comment about the first time I got a pedicure, even though it's embarrassing it's a pretty funny story, it makes me laugh thinking about it).

I forget to mention this Bishop came by last night for a visit...you can all imagine what came. We are all ready talking in church on Sunday so now it's time to be put to work. Wes and I were teasing each other on what we were going to get as callings, but both of us were wrong. I'm excited, a little humbled, pleased, and thankful. I'm going to be the Young Women's President and Wes will be teaching the 13 & 14 Sunday school class. We haven't been sustained or set apart, but since no one in Wisconsin reads this blog, I figured it's o.k. Maybe they won't sustain us and we'll get off the hook, but it usually doesn't work that way. I haven't even thought about talking in church on Sunday so I need to do some serious work on my talk today. I hope everyone has a great weekend - I'm going to relax!!!

P.S. I'm so tired that when I did the spell check the whole entire screen was yellow - I need a massage and a pedicure!

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Lucky you my dear cousin. YW president. YOu will be amazing and since you are so dang creative you will have a ball. I am in relief society now and with no creative juices. All I can do is crack everyone up. WE miss you and hope you are happy. I have to say that I'm pretty annoyed that your blog is so amazing so I need you to call me sometime soona nd give me a tutorial on how to do all this fancy stuff. Like the pic on the side, etc.
miss ya and thanks for being such a great friend

Audra said...

YW prez! Whoa big time! Post pics of the P-A-R-T-Y! I guess who have come along way since your days of Cedar City Valentines Day parties...with light on the floor!! Remember? :)

Karry said...

Yes, I was with Kim the first time she had a pedicure. I saw the enormous pile of dead skin on the floor and made some comment about her having hoofs. She started laughing so hard she snorted.

~AsHlEyNiCoLeGoOdWiN~ said...

Awesome Kim if i m,oved in your house in the next month you would most likely be my yw prez! How awesome would that be your kids would love it when they get there. i am sure you will do great!
Love ya and really miss ya!
Love and miss Ashley G