Sunday, December 28, 2008

a VERY Merry Christmas Mega Blog

I hate it when I have 5 fun filled exciting days piled into one blog. I'm seriously going to try and sum up as much as possible - but don't hold your breath!


Our family visit to Santa was hilarious. The best thing of the night...Tate telling Santa that all he wanted for Christmas was a husband for his Aunt Karry, Santa was a little confused, but the camera girls were laughing hysterically. That's Tate for you!



On Christmas Eve afternoon I found these little Nativity sets that the kids painted. They were super cute, Tye's actually turned out pretty good, Taylor had one dark Mary, (if you know what I mean)....she painted her face all black then looked at Karry and said "isn't she bootiful!"



Our Christmas Dinner is a big deal to Wes. I wanted to break out and try doing Chinese, I bought egg rolls, chow mien, fried rice, Teriyaki Chicken....and then he told me we need to do something "Traditional" so out came the old Ham, funeral potatoes, greenbean casserole, Christmas jello...you know the drill. My kids love the fact that we drink "Sparkling Apple Cider" they think there soooo cool walking around with nice glasses.


Pretty soon the elves came and dropped off the Christmas PJ's - I love this tradition, I can practically name every Christmas just by the Pajamas my kids have on....It's a good thing, since we've lived in so many states and 7 different houses, I need some sort of stability.


The after dinner show...anyone who knows our family, can imagine the entertainment my kids can provide....trust me a average game of simon says can make you laugh pretty hard!
The Annual reading of the Night Before Christmas, and waiting to hear Santa's Bells so we can jump into bed!


The Cookies were out for Santa, and this year we made reindeer food for the reindeer as well (no bake cookies that I indulged in) I thought it was so cute that Tye made a card for Santa, he drew a picture of Santa inside coming down the chimney and Tye yelling Thank you to him. He also wrote "Keep It" about 4 times. It was precious.




Santa's Arrival....The first wake up at 2:43, when we told Tye he had to go back to sleep....every half an hour we had more wake up calls...until we finally budged around 5.


The Kids waiting on the staircase while I got all my cameras in order...this about drives them crazy...they just wait there...whining, can we come, what's taking so long, WERE Coming, Wes Yelling to relax...and then finally (after about 2 minutes) we let the action begin!




The after effects...the boys tear through their gifts, while Taylor opens one, plays with it, open another...the boys finally got tired waiting for her to try on every shade of lipstick....they left her in the dust.

Tye's highlights: Snowboard, Cell Phone, I-Pod, Golf Clubs and Wii Games & Legos

Tate: DS, New Sled, tons of horse (junk) Legos & more Legos, I Pod, and every star wars figure you can think of!

Taylor - everything pretty, pink and darling Santa could get his hands on....Girls are so dangerous. I can completely loose control.


They next few hours are dreadful....can I make a request that all Santa's Toys come pre assembled and with a programing mode to teach my kids instantly how to use them. Thank goodness Grandpa was here....I can't tell you how many lego ships, doll houses etc...he put together that day! My kids literally stand in line to get grandpa's help!


With the arrival of 3 inches of new snow (that makes our total snow received in December up to 41 inches-a new record) and the new snowboards and sled -we had to do some time on the sledding hill in town. Sissy got this make up kit - notice the lovely purple eyeshadow she was applying to her forehead and my eyes. But by this point I was starting to not feel so well, I had already had a 3 hour nap, but I just thought it wasn't that big deal, Tate had just got over the flu....not Mom's can't get sick.....wrong!


I spent the next 2 days in bed with flu....yuck, but thanks to a Heavenly Mother and a very entertaining Sister, myself & the family survived...what would I do without my family! It has been the best having my family out for the past week, they left this morning and I miss them already.
It's sad to see the Season come so fast and leave so fast....but one thing is for sure, I Love Christmas!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! Sounds like a killer Christmas! Audra and I are waiting for the arrival of the Vegas Rathje Trio right now! Happy New Year Davis Family!

Amanda said...

Wow! Sounds like a killer Christmas! Audra and I are waiting for the arrival of the Vegas Rathje Trio right now! Happy New Year Davis Family!

Kris said...

It's so fun to read how other families celebrate the tradition of Christmas since mine seem so similiar. A lot of the things you do as a family I too do with my little kiddos. I think you document better than me.
From your last message....yes, hunting stories drive me insane! When he gets a new gun I have to hear about it, touch,rub, and feel the dang thing. Dreaded the day when he actually brings home a deer because then we get to listen about how he saw it, where the bullet entered, and endless hours of more torture about a poor, defenseless creature who obviously has no hope. You know what I'm talking about! I think Wes and Paul would get along just dandy! Your pics of the family are darling and everyone looks so cute and festive. Have a great New Year!

Kris said...

K, I hope you know your kids are so spoiled. Wow. Also, we totally did chinese on Christmas eve and it was oh so yum.....

Looks like you had a great Christmas!

MaryAnn said...

Looks like fun!