Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Great Thanksgiving

Well we had quite a trip....I love going on vacation, but coming home is miserable. The unpacking, the laundry, the mess in the car, going back to work, trying to get the kids on a schedule, no food in the house and I could go on and on...it's no fun at all. We did come back to a winter wonderland, we have SO MUCH snow, but it's beautiful out here in the country, although driving in it is going to take some getting use to. It's back to the reality of life, responsibilities, schedules and trying to get ready for Christmas....I'm so behind! Here are some snapshots of the trip. (with explanations below) When grandpa found out that my boys were experts at pulling hair out of backs, he was first in line. Tate is in charge of Wes's back, if there's one thing I can't stand it is a hairy back, so Tate loves getting the tweezers and pulling out the hair. Luckily Wes only has a few and it is a bi-monthly activity, but with Grandpa it took all 3 grandsons, and I don't think they even made a dent....

We got to spend two days at Flaming Gorge with Tanner & his family, it was so much fun. We went on a Wagon ride and it was great, I loved hearing the bells as we traveled through the forest. In Wisconsin, there are no Mts., no pine trees, just rolling hills, so it was so nice to be in real Mountains again.

They were also having Mule rides...so Mike (Wes's Dad) made Tanner (Wes's Brother) give him a ride....on his own mule, it was pretty funny...

Here was our thanksgiving dinner and the food was GREAT!!!! We ate dinner at about 7:00, which was nice, we had spent all day eating appetizers, so it was nice to eat a little later. Usually we are so full from eating,that it was great to actually be hungry. My mother in law is a fabulous cook and she made this White chocolate banana cream pie that is too DIE for, It will seriously be the first recipe I'll post - it's that good!
Plus I also went to the "Twilight" matinee - which I LOVED, believe it or not, but that's an entirely different entry. Plus I LOVE book 3 - totally worth plunging through book 2!~
These next two pictures is "Real Life" at my in laws. There are 9 adults and 8 kids, Tye is the oldest grandson, and Sadie, my niece, is the youngest. They range from 8 to 2, and with that many people in a little space, the house usually turns into tornado zone...look at the pictures below. My poor inlaws have a nice house, until the kids come home, but it's so fun to be together.



We did attempt family pictures, which actually didn't turn out half bad. I haven't done any editing yet, but this is a sneak peak!If Wes loves anything in this life, it's his brother Tanner. I LOVE this picture of them.

Our last night we went to Salt Lake and spent it at Temple Square, the weather was perfect, the lights were beautiful, and it just felt so good to be somewhere familiar...I love being there & love feeling the spirit, it always gets me in the Christmas spirit!





Of course, we couldn't let the night slip by without some sort of commotion, we caught the boys trying to dig money out of the fountain...we are so lucky one didn't fall in. 6 boys between 8 & 4, that would be a "Davis" classic!



My sister did this neat thing on her blog where everyday she's doing something fun to celebrate Christmas, I loved the idea, so I'm going to attempt to try it. Last night we read "The Christmas Oranges" which is one of my favorite Christmas books and tonight we watching The Santa Claus..
they started without me, so I better get on my way!!!!!


3 comments:

Kris said...

The view of Wyoming must be beautiful since your pictures look great! I love the wide open spaces and getting together with family can be fun...notice I say can be...once in awhile. Bummer there was no snow at Temple Square since that is always my favorite too.

MaryAnn said...

Looks like a good time. Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!

JennyD said...

Hey Kim- thanks for posting on my blog- I didn't know you had one...I love the pix- your Thanksgiving sounded so fun. Wes's dad still looks the same and Tate is all grown up! Your kiddies are adorable! Love you guys- From one happy rancher to another!! Take care!