Monday, December 22, 2008

In our own front yard.....

I found two more things I love about Winters in Wisconsin. Number 1, it was -31 on Sunday and the Bishop called to cancel church, yep, Sunday morning he called and said it was too cold for us to try and make it to town, I was a little relived, due to the fact that I had a Sunday School lesson and a Young Women lesson to give. I immediately stopped preparing my lessons and started making chocolate chip cookies....that's the bad part about winter...I love to bake.

The second thing I love is that we have our own personal tubing hill in the front yard. I went to Target and found these little $5.00 disc things and showed the kids how to make a sledding hill (in my robe and slippers I might add).....it was the BEST thing I have done all winter....they loved it, and I had so much fun watching them! It kept them busy for hours, and everyday after school they immediately start tubing, there currently trying to build some jumps - (for Aunt Karry to try) - but what a fun thing...in our own front yard!






6 comments:

Audra said...

Come on Aunt Karry! Get on a plastic disc with the kids! I bet you have have serious moves!

Kim- the snow looks pretty fun- best part when you get cold just walk inside! :)

Merry Christmas!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Looks like fun. I certainly don't miss those minus temperatures from Wyoming, but I do miss the snow. Merry Christmas!

MaryAnn said...

Looks cold but fun. Yes, we did get our CD and have already gotten some pictures from it. Thank you again, the pictures are great!

Kris said...

What a blast and what fun memories your kids will have. Wow! Canceling church? Now I'm really jealous. At least I had a snow day without any snow on the ground. I guess that's good.

Cheryl said...

well you could never do that in buckeye. how fun!

Karry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.