Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Baking

We have a little tradition, every Christmas we make Gingerbread Houses. Our kids love it, and Wes & I have fun helping them. They sit on the counter until Christmas Eve, then Santa takes them to the elves to live in until next Christmas. (Tate is sure they lick all the candy off.) I'm not sure how this tradition started, but we've done it the past 5 years. Our kids were so excited, that they woke up at 5:00 on Sunday morning to start....




The finished product. Taylor's is on the far left. Tate's in the middle, and Tye's on the right.


Here are the Gingerbread cookies we made & decorated to eat. The kit was a package that I picked up at Target, it came with the mix, cookie cutter & paint for $3.00 - a steal!
Here's a picture of Taylor painting them.

The kids had fun making & painting them and Mom & I had fun eating them...they were actually so good, which was totally surprising!

I still have a few more baking projects, but I love Holiday baking!


5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Looks like fun. Megan and I still need to make our gingerbread house. She had fun doing it last year - mostly she liked picking the candy off of it, but hopefully we are making some good memories. We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Audra said...

Fun times! You are super Mom! And I see that MaryAnn is too! :)

Karry said...

I thought we were doing the gingerbread houses when I got there. I miss all the good stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

I got your Christmas letter today - what a darling family you have! It is good to see that you are so busy & happy...I wouldn't have expected anything less from YOU! Merry Christmas!

Love,
Mary Jane

Travis and Nikki said...

Hey guys well Evanston has snow now it was late coming this year but it was nice. Kim i love the pictures they turnd out good. Well love ya