Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...

I can honestly say this was such a fun experience! I read this ad in the newspaper that read come pick out your Christmas tree in a horse drawn wagon. We already had our Christmas tree up downstairs, but I thought..what the heck, let's put one upstairs. So off we went....

This was almost as good as the movies, you park your car and this horse wagon comes and picks you up. Then it starts taking you through this path in the woods through all kinds of Christmas trees. Wes kept making fun of me for smiling, but it was so NEAT...I have to admit it was chilly, 14 degrees, but totally worth it. I finally found one thing about Wisconsin that I absolutely LOVE!
Scoping out the Trees!

Tate found a stick, stuff like that keeps him occupied for hours.



Finally Wes wanted to get off and start trekking through the woods to find the perfect one. I love this picture of the kids marching through the snow! Look at Taylor carrying the saw! (Tate with his Stick)


Finally settling on a tree - We found SO many that we could have picked, I would like one, but Wes thought we could do better (Honestly, I was starting to get so cold that I was ready to just hop back on the wagon). Tate found about 16 that were about 2 feet tall, Taylor was just happy to be there. We had to find one tall and skinny, that would fit in the spot I wanted..and finally Wes found the perfect one!
(I know my clothes are hideous..but that ugly Carhart jacket keeps me so warm)


Cutting down the tree and loading it into the Wagon!


In the truck and ready to head home (notice Tye sitting in the backseat, he started pouting when we got there so we made him sit in the truck and wait for us...he felt bad when we came back, but they have to learn....he takes after his Dad!)

The Final Outcome, it's Perfect, and makes the house smell great. It was the best......



7 comments:

Audra said...

That's really cool- but 14 degrees!??! YUCK! I would be in ugg boots all the time!

MaryAnn said...

That does look like fun. I agree with Audra that 14 degrees sounds miserable, but the whole horse drawn wagon, snowy woods, cutting down a tree things just screams Christmas.

Karry said...

I love everything about this except the freezing temperatures...do they have heated wagons? I call dibbs on your fancy Carhart jacket (whatever that is) while I'm there. My poor body is going to freeze.

Tara said...

I am so jealous, what a FUN outing!! You always find the best ideas to do, I mean, who reads an ad like that and acutally makes it happen...you do! I loved your pix w/ Wes on the bday post, wow the dark clouds in the sky look so cool! Sorry we missed meeting up in SLC, maybe next time?

Angela said...

I'm so glad you found our blog, Kim. It's so fun to see your family and hear what you've been up to. Your life sounds exciting and full of fun! I'll have to add you to my blog! Have a Merry Christmas!

Angela said...

I'm so glad you found our blog, Kim. It's so fun to see your family and hear what you've been up to. Your life sounds exciting and full of fun! I'll have to add you to my blog! Have a Merry Christmas!

Erin said...

Kim, I tried your email and couldn't get it to work... Our new address is 2617 S. Lost Creek Circle, Saratoga Springs, UT 84045.
I have to admit that I don't know if I am going to get mine out this year... too much going on and something has to give! But, you know what? I am o.k. with it - I'll be sending out birth announcements in January anyway and that will work!!! So, I need your new address for that! Tell Wes Hello!!! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Erin