Sunday, December 7, 2008

Snow Snow & Snow @ 3 Below!

If anyone has been watching our weather lately - and wondering if I am surviving - I am - barely! It is SO SO SO SO cold - this morning Wes & I turned on the news for an update and sure enough it was 3 below without the windchill figured in. Wes than turned to me and asked - Can you go start my truck!!!!!

Surprisingly I did it - since Wes allows me to keep my two cars in the nice warm garage, I figured it was my turn to do something nice for him. However, when I opened the garage door this is what I found.......

There is at least a 4 foot drift in front of the garage, I couldn't get my cars out even if I wanted to. You can see where I started trying to walk through it, but once the snow started getting into my shoes I turned around......I'm not that crazy.......I asked Wes, what are we going to do? .......... Needless to say he's at the ranch getting the front end loader. I can officially add to my life experiences that I have truly been "Snowed In".....Does this mean I have a valid reason to stay home from church today? Luckily...Wes bull-dozed us out! Can you believe this?We got snow yesterday and we will get more tonight, I'm not complaining, we'll definitely have a white Christmas, and it is beautiful. The only part I don't like is driving in it. Luckily last month Wes bought me a Lexus SUV that has a snow/traction mode and I love it, so both our suburban and this car has all wheel drive, I couldn't live without it. I'm just waiting for the day I'm in the ditch. I've seen so many accidents, that I changed our insurance deductibles.

Getting in the Christmas spirit has been fun. On Friday I went to a Relief Society party where we put dinners together for people in our ward, I love doing stuff like that. Yesterday we had planned on going to a Christmas festival at Lambou field (where the packers play) but it was 4:30 we stopped for dinner and when we got back in the car our kids were like....we're so tired, we just want to go home....so we turned around, by the time we got home all 3 kids were sound asleep! At 6:01 - they house was silent.....that was definitely a Christmas present to me. I read, Wes watched a football game...it was lovely. I haven't decided what we're going to do this week, but I'm really having fun doing something "christmasey" everyday! Thanks for your great idea Karry -




3 comments:

Karry said...

You better pray for a warm spell. I don't do negative temperatures.

Audra said...

Yikes Kim- I just can't imagine all that snow! Bundle up- you better have some impressive indoor activites for Karry! You know how she can get... Merry Christmas!

Kris said...

I love the snow! Maybe since I was never raised in it and only see it if I go out of town. I'll enjoy my 60 degree weather, thanks. hahaha