Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wayside Lanes

Last night for FHE Tye picked to go bowling. I saw an ad in the paper for this bowling ally that only cost $1 a game, so I thought perfect. It was located in the town of Wayside, which Wes or I had never heard of. When we finally found the town and were pulling in, the population sign read 588. I knew we might be in trouble. Wes just looked at me and kept driving. We finally get to the middle of the town, it took about 30 seconds and we see this house with a bar connected to it and a little sign that says Bowl Here! Wes just looked at me and started - "Why do you have to be so cheap" "Who has a bowling ally connected to their house" "You've got to be kidding - You've got to be kidding" but he pulled in the parking lot REALLY SLOW! Before the truck was off the two boys were inside, so we didn't have a chance to change our minds, or check the place out. By the time we got inside both boys were plopped up on the bar counter ordering who knows what. I wish I had my camera, because it was pretty hilarious. I asked the man, is there bowling here, and he said of course and took us around the corner and sure enough 4 little bowling lanes. Tate of course, piped up "This place is old, and then looked at the man and asked how come it's so small in here?" Only Tate, Wes immediatly grabbed his neck, but it was true I don't think the place has changed since the early 60's. Needless to say we ended up having a great time. We even ordered Dinner which the Man's wife made, I ordered "The clucker" which Wes rolled his eyes out, and then ate most of. It was fabulous, Taylor got a pink ball, which she wouldn't share, and I beat Wes at bowling so I maintain my "Sexy Striker" position in the family - at 34 I might ad. I am thinking I'm not as sexy as I use to be, so I might have to change to Bowler Babe - more appropriate, for a Wisconsin Wife and Mom of three!


I have not downloaded any pictures since the move but here are some pictures from our last trip to Disneyland, I can't wait to go back in October......mark your calenders Dillards!





Amanda - please show this picture to my mom, she hasn't seen it, and it's one of my favorite pictures of her with my kids!











No comments: