Thursday, August 21, 2008

12 Days till school starts!


I am at that point in the Summer where "I" am counting down to school starting. In AZ school finished in May, and in WI School ends later and starts later, so Tye has had 4 months of Summer. Since Tye has to be busy, I am running out of steam keeping up with him. Last night by 6:00 I was so frazzled that I told all the kids they had to be asleep by 7:30. I put them all into the bathtub together and started on Dinner. I heard them having a little too much fun, but they weren't fighting so I kept cooking. Finally Wes walked through the door, opened it up to the bath room and asked, "have you seen what's going on in there?" I walked into the bathroom, or should I say miniature swamp and they had filled the 2 person jetted tub to the top and then used some baby oil to make it slippery and were sliding down the back, with the water going everywhere. Stuff like that is usually really funny, (when it's not your own kids) but I had just cleaned and moped that bathroom in the morning, now my mirrors were spotted with water from 8 feet away and I literally standing in 2 inches of water. Of course all I could say is get this place cleaned up etc....you know the routine. By that point my Dinner was borderline burned and that's when I told myself 12 days till school starts! However, it doesn't end there, we ate Dinner, put them to bed and I walked in the bathroom and found my BRAND NEW EXPENSIVE Towels in a pile, under the toilet, sopping wet! They took my brand new towels and mopped up the water - they still had the tags on them, they couldn't have grabbed a few on the old ones - they had to use the new ones.


It's a good thing I love those kids with all my heart, and in all reality I just need to laugh more, but I seriously counting 12 days till school starts.....


No comments: