Thursday, August 28, 2008

Waiting for life to slow down..

These past few days have been so busy. I'll tell you everything that I have going on.

1. The Barn: the construction crew started on the barn and poured all of the concrete, and then last night the plumber came to trench the water lines, and they poured over the lines. (We had them pour concrete all across the back of the house and now they will have to tear it up to get to the water lines) Our trusses got delivered this morning at 5:30 and I'll spend a couple hours today with the electrician finalizing all the outlets, lights etc...They should have the framing done today and by next week, we'll have a Barn!

2. Planning a Open House for Calf Source - I love to plan parties and this will be a big one. We are having a open house at Calf Source and inviting all the Dairies we do business with and Dairies we want to do business with. I have been designing brochures, making the invitations, ordering the tent, table & chairs, getting the menu finalized and just every little detail - I bit off more than I can chew right now, but when the boys start school next week, it will be a little easier.

3. Wes is busy getting the ranch ready, he's working long hours, but tonight he gets to go to the the Packer Football game in a SUITE, he picked up his ticket on Tuesday and it looks so nice, there was a menu included and it's just a little out of our league - but he will have a great time.

4. Today is back to school day and we go and meet the teachers, hand in our school supplies and pay for lunches etc...I hope the boys get great teachers.

5. I've spent the last few days cleaning, organizing and redecorating the office at Calf Source, I've ordered new furniture, bought the paint but I just need the time to put it all together. I am almost done decorating my house, but need to find the right window treatments.

6. Can I emphasize enough how much I miss my house cleaner - with small boys I have to clean the bathroom daily - I just miss having someone do the deep cleaning for me. But hopefully I can scrub my house today and get it over with. I have laundry coming out my ears!

7. I wanted to do something fun for this weekend so I found a place called the Tundra Lodge here in Wisconsin - so we are going to get away for the weekend - we need it! Wes wanted to go camping with the horses, but I just don't have time to plan for one more thing, plus camping requires so much preparation - and then clean up when you get home, with school starting I just though a resort sounded so much nicer...am I terrible or what?

The following are all pictures that I took at the county fair - it was a fun little fair - so fun we went 3 times!


Taylor was in Love with the pigs - we spent so much time watching these pigs - now the kids want pigs as pets - I'm not ready for that.


This is a picture of Wes with his new boss - they buy most of the 4-H kids animals - they are biggest buyers, and donate a lot of money. This year and Wes puchased the fair "Grand Champion Steer" it was a lot of fun.


This is Tate's & I favorite ride - I can't count how many times we went on this ride - it's a Rathje Favorite!

Wes saw this truck at the fair and said take a picture for Tanner - this is a classic - only in Wisconsin - eat your heart out Tanner!

These pictures were taken from the rodeo - our kids love the rodeo - Tate was just mad he couldn't ride a bull - I've got to keep that boy as far away from bulls as possible, or I'm going to be in trouble.

No comments: