Monday, May 4, 2009

The Difference

You can't tell me that "weather" does not make a difference. I have had two completely opposite weeks....all because of the sudden change in weather. The first week of the two weeks goes something like this.......

Rain in the morning


Rain in the Afternoon


Rain in the evening


I even caught myself singing the song, Rain, Rain go away come again another day, and people who know me, know I DO not sing! So a short recap on the "Rain" week.


Sleep, eat, watch the rain, eat more junk, take another nap, watch TV, wonder when it's going to stop raining, eat...etc.... You get the idea, and it was kind of convenient due to my nice hip accident, nevertheless, no pictures, but a lazy nice relaxing week.

Well out of the blue nice weather appeared. I can't tell you the difference sunshine made. I invited 3 families over for a BBQ, the kids have had friends over constantly, Wes has been able to ride his horses, coaching baseball has actually been a lot of fun, Wes & I went on a fabulous date, I started walking, cleaned out the garage, organized my pantry, went to a benefit luncheon, painted my nails, started planting my front walkway with flowers,.....and looks what's starting to pop up!



Finally Spring. I also found a great little place to visit. It's this little village back in the early 1900's. A few times a year they hold their annual "Sheep Shearing Day", and as you guessed I couldn't resist.

Tate Milking The Goat

We loved watching them plow the fields with the horses...

Taylor stopping and posing for a picture (of course)

Wes helped in shearing the sheep
It was actually really neat learning how they died the wool. They would use spices to dye it different colors, and then spend all day cooking it. Crazy, how far we've come in life.

Taking a wagon ride...
Wes loved watching the wood carvers, he came home and started to build bridle racks for the barn, so I think it got him in the mood. He hasn't built anything since we left Idaho.
Tye trying to walk on stilts.....





We took turns jumping rope





until this kept happening



The funnest was playing this hoop game, we spent hours playing it. My kids kept begging to stay longer and play this game......who would have thought two sticks with a hoop could be so fun.




It was such a great day of simple fun....and Sunshine!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you finally updated! I was getting worried about you! Looks like the Davis family had a fun time!

Angela said...

I have to agree about the Sunshine- love the song that goes with it!