Friday, April 24, 2009

Let the Good Times Roll....

This week has been one of those weeks that every second is scheduled, it's Friday morning and I'm exhausted, and in a terrible mood. I was trying to get the boys out the door for school and Wes yelled, "If you don't get in the car your going to stay home with your mom all day and work," I immediately yelled back....No They are Not!!!!



Here a little about our week......However this is just going to be bits and pieces because I'm not thinking of any cute or clever ways to do this.


Tye:



The normal for him, Scouts, baseball, getting his report card in which his teacher stated that he needs to work on being "less sarcastic" (Good luck, we all know who his Dad is) We also got him a new saddle in Madison last week so he's been riding a lot, and honestly is our best child when it comes to taking care of their horse. Wes took him golfing yesterday and so now that's all he wants to do. His registration for Pop Warner is tomorrow and he thinks he's pretty hot stuff. If anyone could give me some advice on teaching him how to not tease his brother, I'll willing to fork over some serious cash. He's gone through every pair of pants I bought last month (Holes in the knees) and this week I had to buy more pants, 12 Huskey's and new shoes, Men's size 6.....It's ridiculous, and men's shoes are so much more expensive than kids, it stinks.


Tate:




Don't let this picture fool you, Tate is sweet. But holy cow this kid is a scrapper. His new love is Hockey. He's been going to the games with one of his friends Dad who has a box at the Gamblers games. (The hockey team here) I hadn't been to a hockey game in years so we decided to go, we had great seats, and it was a lot of fun. Tate loves that they fight. All he wants to do is play hockey, so we move the cars out of the garage and they set up their goals and play for hours. This picture was taken when my parents were here visiting and my kids kept begging my Dad to play with them for hours.....good thing I have a great Dad!



Here are a few pictures from the Hockey game...



Note: Taylor took those pictures, she's getting better.


Tate is tough, and I don't doubt he'd be a great hockey player, but hopefully with Baseball starting he'll get his mind off hockey. He's already knocked Tye's two front teeth out, I can't afford to pay for many more. The other day the boys were rolling around in the front yard and I went out yelling telling them to quit fighting, the both stopped, looked at me like I was crazy and said....Uh, We're playing hockey....then went back to rolling all over the place.


Taylor:





She's addicted to the Saddle Club and sets up horse jumps all around the house practicing riding. She wasn't paying attention to where she was going and ran into the wall, It bruised her up pretty bad but that's all we've heard about. She even called Wes a few minutes ago to tell him that her scratch is falling off so better "hurry home" .....so dramatic. She also started swim lessons this week and a cooking class. They cooked Hot Dogs last night, so maybe I just got ripped off.....hot dogs at a cooking class, even I can pull a hot dog off!


Taylor with her riding helmet, jumping with her horse....(I think she might be a hurdler)

Me: (No Picture, sorry Audra)
Today is going to be in the 60's so I've already bought a bunch of pansies to plant, but I need to spend the day weeding my flower gardens first. We also rented a tiller tomorrow to get our garden ready. It's been years since I planted a garden, (Mindy Tobler I wish you still lived next door) But we're going to give in a shot. My new love is Lemon Burst Bread from Great Harvest, seriously it's fabulous. I went to the grocery store late last night, bought tons of food because I've decided I need to start cooking more(Which the groceries are still laying on my kitchen floor because I was too tired to put them away). Invited a family over for dinner on Sunday. Volunteered to clean a walking path in the morning for a community project, enjoying my clean house until the weekend hits. Organized my calendar for the next few months and realized I have something planned almost every night for the next three months and got mad at myself for signing up for so much. Started thinking about how I should start exercising, and when to use my gift certificate for a back massage that Wes got me for my birthday. My Lexus broke down, which makes me irritated, and that I still need to get out the Thank you notes from Taylor's birthday party in Feb......the list could go on and on!!!!!


Wes:



All I can say is one thing. If you live by a Sportsman's Warehouse, and it's closing, you better be ready to throw down some bills. That store See's my husband coming and they smile. 6 Guns, 2 bows, new sun glasses, a spotting scope, a knife set and a few other items have made their way to our home. Can you tell he drew out on a Bull Elk license in Wyoming, he's loving life. Usually Wes doesn't spend a dime, he's very frugal, so I don't mind when he does go a little crazy, in fact I helped him a little!!!! But it's seriously few and far between when Wes actually spends money, and he got some awesome deals. He'll be ready for his big hunting trip in the Fall.

So that about sums it up, a busy weekend ahead and I've decided it's a great time to relax for a few hours catch up on all my DVR'd shows. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4/25/09

A little update, as I was waiting for my pictures to upload yesterday I went out to put the horses in and got kicked in the hip by Wes's mare, Ginger...I have been in so much pain, laying in bed with ice bags and watching 16 episodes of Saddle Club & listening to Taylor sing & eat marshmallows, I can barely move......this is terrible. So much for planting flowers, I've even contemplated changing my playlist to Everyone Hurts by REM, but I'm trying to be a good sport about it....you should see my bruise - ridiculous! I decided to take a picture of this hoof print on my hip causing me so much grief!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that you guys still lived next door too!!! We are getting our garden planted. I always looks forward to it. Sounds like you and your family are so busy!! Your bruise looks horrible...hopefully you start filling better soon!!

Kris said...

Ok, that looks painful and I would definitely milk it for all its worth. Don't get me started on the hunting. Paul's having a fit because he can't find ammo for one of his guns and by the time we made it to Sportsman's it was pretty picked over. He came in one night and told me he found some ammo to buy and it was only $400. Yea, right like that's going to happen. Take it easy girl and I'll think of you on Tuesday when I'm at Disneyland. ~smirk`smirk~

Karolynn Kay said...

Dang girl... thats a big bruise. Love your updates. Puts a smile on my face. Sounds like you went crazy at sports mens with him. 6 guns??? Dang my husband would be in big trouble... He only has replaced 2 so far (that I know about). Sorry I missed your birthday- hope you have a fabulous year.

Cheryl said...

Ouch Kim! Good luck with that injury. My husband just bought his first gun while I was in Utah. Last time I go out of town without him. Just kidding. Anyway he's loving it...just shooting at junk in the desert and clay pigeons but still loving it. So every time I read your blog I feel like the worst mom ever! You're so busy with your kids in all these activities and I think it's so wonderful. You're seriously a supermom if i've ever seen one.