Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Student of the Week!

Well this past week at school, Tate was chosen to be Student of the Week!
It was a VERY big Deal for this 7 year old.


He was so exited, we spent hours making a poster all about him. Through out the week we got to share many of his favorite snacks (Brownies, donuts & Fun Dips - his teacher was hating me!) He also got to take some of his horse collections - key word, some, we could fill my car with his different horse collections!

As Student of the Week you are granted one special priledge. So at the end of the week, Wes & I surprised him and brought his horse to school for show and tell.


He got to show his class how to saddle a horse, put on a bridle and how to brush her and take care of her feet.


(That is Tye in the wheelchair - he has to be in a wheelchair at school.)

His Favorite Part was when he got to ride her around the school and teach the kids "how to drive a horse." He was so proud.

It was a Fun week for him, I love seeing my children so happy!



3 comments:

Karry said...

What? I learn about this big accomplishment on your blog even though I talk to you every day? You need to tell me these things. Congrats to cute little Tate. I can only imagine how thrilled he was to show off his horse and eat treats all week. Remember when he hid the brownies from me at Christmas? He’s such a character.

On another note, it’s hard to see Tye in a wheelchair. Keeping that boy off his leg has to be a major chore. Love and miss you guys.

MyrLynn said...

Congrats to Tate! What a fun week! If I were a teacher I would kill you for sending Fun Dips. You crazy Mom! Hope everything is going alright with Tye.

Audra said...

Good job "driving" a horse Tate! If I was your teacher I would LOVE you...treats are the best! Tomorrow ice cream and cake for a birthday! We need fun in the classroom too! :)