Sunday, January 3, 2010

A week to Remember....

The week after Christmas was very eventful! We played the entire week, 7 Days - 4 different Hotels and by the end of the week a very tired Family! Here is a Re-cap!
The Tundra Lodge is a family favorite, and since Aunt Karry was in town, we couldn't resist! Taylor was the luckiest because Aunt Karry was actually brave enough to go into Splash Mountain, Mom usually just takes pictures.
Tate showed his stuff on the obstacle course, and even stopped and posed for pictures!

That's me, surrounded by my three kids at my domain "The lazy River". It's my favorite ride!


Our next outing was to Milwaukee

We are a NFL Family, but every once in a while we like to change things up a bit. This time we choose to go the the Milwaukee Bucks game. It's the first time we've been to a NBA Game, and it was pretty fun. We had great seats which always makes it more enjoyable.

The interesting part is that my kids were fascinated with this balloon thing that kept flying around dropping coupons and stuffed animals - it almost drove me borderline crazy, as usual the row ahead of us won the stuff....

Also as usual, Taylor fell asleep.....she never lasts.

My Mom came with us and she "rocked" the house. They had a live band, which were awesome! Literally they were great and my mom spent all night tapping her feet and moving her shoulders....Way to go Barb!!!


Our next fun adventure was at Hotel Sierra in downtown Green Bay. They had this New Years Eve Family party that was so much fun. We went with two other fun families and it was great. We usually don't celebrate New Years (I'm lucky if I'm awake past 10) But they had all kinds of fun activities to keep us busy. We split the kids up between the rooms and it was just as fun for the adults as it was for the kids!!!

Of course the kids had to swim - here is Tate with his buddies.

The hotel is connected to the convention center so in every room of the convention center they had different activities for the kids. Bounce houses, cookie decorating, a movie theater, a game room with wii and xbox competitions....Tye's favorite, although he was a good sport about taking Taylor in the "Jumpy Thinks" as she called them!

They also had a build a bear workshop....Taylor's personal favorite!

At the end of the night they had a balloon drop with New Years hats, necklaces, a bunch of junk, and they finished it off with a dance.... Even Wes "shaked" it up a bit with Tate.

I was a little tired the next morning, but we had a great breakfast and swam some more!
Our last adventure was to
Fond du Lack, Wisconsin

It was by Far the most exciting thing we have done in a long time.
Notice the temperature gage on my rear view window.....
At this point I started doubting myself, wondering what I was getting my family involved in. Then we met the dogs.......

Let the Dog Sled training begin. It was incredible!!!!!!

OK, Yes I realize I look like a 369 lb women, let me remind you of the temperature outside. I went to Fleet Farm and bought the Artic Grade Carharts and masks for all the family. I had so many layers on I could barely move!!! It was so worth it!

Wes had his own sled and Dog Team, his lead dog was Denali - very fitting for our Family!

The kids & I were pulled by a 16 Dog team, our lead Dog was Buck. The picture above is Tye learning how to guide the team. Tate, Taylor & I were just in the sled along for the ride.

The funnest part was in the Forrest, we would whip through the trees, hills and jumps and I seriously can not put into words how much I loved it. We almost tipped one time and Wes only had one biff on his sled. At the end, I did get a change to drive my own team, and I must admit it was a rush. Out of all the adventures we've taken, this will definitely be one we never forget!

The kids keep asking everyday to go back and we all fell in love with the Siberian Husky Dogs,

This was Amber, Taylor's favorite.

On the way home we were all so tired....look at all the drool coming out of Taylor's mouth and Tate's spilled Happy meal, he was to tired to eat!
This will always be a week worth remembering!

Here is a little Clip of Wes coming in after one of his "Runs" - he's an official Musher!!!


5 comments:

Audra said...

Loving all the pictures! When is the next Vegas adventure?

Oh Wes- You have so many talents!

Karry said...

Christmas 2010 - we're going on a dog sled ride. And I'll need to wear your padded suit. XOXO

Mrs. Olsen said...

Amber is my favorite dog too. Holy cow! As usual, you know how to party.

Look in the rearview mirror for 6 below zero temperatures...and also Kimberly wide-eyed and white-knuckled scared of driving off the road...?

Kris said...

I love reading about all the fun adventures your family has. Love the dog sledding. I don't think I could handle that type of cold. I'm really jealous of that water park place. That looks like a blast. Remember Wet and Wild? Yea, it's not there anymore.
Your mom looks great and I had to show Anna. She loved it!

Connie and Joe said...

Your kids are SOOOOO lucky to have such an awesome mom and do all the fun stuff you have planned for them throughout the years. No matter where you are you find the most swesome places and do the most fun things. Your kids will have a lifetime of memories!!!