Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Week

It's late Saturday afternoon and my entire family is asleep. Honestly there are only 3 sounds in the entire house. 1. The Dryer, which is constant. 2. The AC, which I finally turned on this week. (Shocker, June 20 and the AC finally comes on, were actually supposta hit 80 today which would be the year high, but I'm not counting my breath). 3. Me typing . It's crazy!! No TV, Radios, Fighting, fridge bring opened 73 times a day, my name being screamed.....I could soooooo get use to this, but I know better.Our week was pretty normal, )no pictures to post that might cause a divorce), just a regular week.

I have a tradition to take the boys pictures the first day of school and the last. So this week was their last day of school so I had to take a picture. (They are also going to a new school next year so I wanted a picture of them in front of the old) Tye was totally embarrassed...Tate is still to young to care.


When I was climbing back into the truck, this is what I saw.....

Wes shaking his head at me wondering why I do "crap" like that as he calls it and sissy moving her car seat up to the front seat because she wants a "friend" to sit by.


So since school is out you can imagine the condition of my house, my nerves, my food storage, my patience, my laundry loads, my everything.....All of you Moms know exactly what I am talking about. The first couple days it's nice to not be a drill Sargent and not pack lunches and actually get to relax for a few minutes in the morning. But by 9:36 - you are desperate to find something to keep your kids entertained, out of trouble and not fighting. I have a suggestion, it's not the cleanest thing in the entire world but it keeps my kids entertained for hours!!!

A MUD HOLE





We are landscaping sections of our back yard so I have a big pile of mud. The kids spend hours at there digging and making Dams. It's all fun until I make them use the hose and wash off before they climb into my tub. Tate HATES washing off with the hose because "it's tooooo cold" he just sits out there and pouts until he finally comes to grips with it. I had to take this picture because he just sits out there and talks to himself about why he doesn't want to use the hose.



Baseball, Baseball & Baseball.
Practically every night of our life consists of some sort of baseball. I do enjoy watching the boys play. This week I actually brought my camera along.



Wes is Tate's coach and he plays on the Marlins.

Tate can seriously hit the ball! He is a great hitter, now the outfield ..... he'd rather play with the grass he gets so bored. But I love his little face in this picture, getting ready to hit the heck out of the ball. He's hit so many home runs this year I've lost track.

Go figure, Tye is the opposite. He's great in the infield. He switches back and forth from first to short and does a great job.


This year, he's struggled at hitting. One game he struck out every time and boy that's hard. It's hard because his confidence, you want your kids to do well and when they are frustrated and discouraged you feel just as bad.

I finally told him this. Well your hitting hasn't been that consistent, but if you can hit a home run tonight, I'll pay you 5 dollars. Tate immediately pipes up..."How come you didn't pay me for all my home runs?" (I'd be broke) I finally said, Ok, if Tye can do it, I'll pay you both 5 dollars. Needless to say I paid out 10 dollars, but it was so worth it to see Tye's face after that hit. I love the face he makes when he's trying not to smile.



As for me and my week....It was fabulous! I went to Wasau WI for Youth Conference, I love, love, love the youth in our ward. We stayed in the dorms at University Wisconsin, (which were pretty grim) but it was so fun to see the youth so happy & excited. Here's a snapshot from my door room hanging out with some of the kids in our ward.

And that about sums of the week. Random facts: Wes & I love the show Wipeout and the Newlyweds, were totally cheering for the Mormon couple. My garden is doing great and the pumpkins are out of control. We went on a super fun date with some couples from the ward, My mom is leaving to go home tomorrow and I'm sad. I've got a fun present to give to Wes tomorrow for Fathers Day, the boys surprise birthday party is planned and I can't wait to see their faces. Tye is having double surgery in 2 weeks and I'm having surgery in August. The sun is actually shinning today, which is rare, and finally were heading to the movies and out to dinner tonight - but I'm letting my family sleep as long as they can!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to have those days when the house is quiet? :)

I can totally relate about summer. Usually we spend the whole summer swimming and being outside but it hasn't been warm enough here to do that! I totally need a mud hole to throw my boys in! They would love it!!!

MaryAnn said...

Love the mud hole - looks like fun!

Amanda said...

Happy Father's Day! Tell Tye we love him and hope everything goes well! Miss you guys, see you for the reunion! Yeeehaw :)

MyrLynn said...

I can't believe you JUST got out of school. I am finally in the summer routine. Although we STILL haven't turned on our air conditioner! We have had a ton of rain! What are you going to be doing in Richfield? Let me know. I don't know if I will be there yet, but Nate is there and would love to see you guys!