Sunday, June 14, 2009

Normal????

I have come to realize that we seriously have to be abnormal. If you question me, you will agree by the time you get done looking at the next sequence of pictures taken from the last week of my life.

Ghost in the Dark: A game our kids beg to play every night. One person goes and hides and the rest of the family searches, and then hides together until everyone has found each other. We've lived here long enough to developed practically every hiding spot in the house. This week I was being pretty clever and was hiding in one of the showers. Tate found me first and we were hudling on the shower floor. Tye finds us next, but because there was no room he stood standing. We were fine until Tye let the biggest Fart directly in my face......seriously BAD BAD BAD hiding spot. I didn't even wait for the rest of the family to find me....

However Wes stepped the game up a notch when he started hiding Sissy. Because she is so small he hides her in spots unimaginable.....the spot for this particular night....


Next picture: The bad things about horses is that they poop....a lot, and Saturday morning I was shoveling it up, cleaning the corral and stalls when a wonderful idea came. --- I have access to a lot of help and a lot of big machinery. Needless to say, my pile was taken care of in about 15 minutes. I'm a genius once in a while - but this is not normal.


That is seriously a lot of crap! (Nicole if you need anymore crap to put in your garden or yard, I have tons!!!)

Next Picture: All day long on Saturday Tye kept asking me for tape. I kept saying I'm busy, look in my scrapbook room. After a while he finally emerged from the trees. ----- He used my tape to cut branches off the tree and taped them all over himself. Yes, you read that correctly, he seriously cut up a branch of a tree and taped it to himself to use as "camo" to spy on us. We are not normal - creative, clever, but seriously not normal.



The planting of the Garden: So it's June, mid June, normal people who know what they are doing had their gardens planted weeks ago. Then we have the Davis family, approx. 4 weeks late and on a whim decide today I'm going to plant a garden. A trip to the nursery and the help of Hector & Jesus - my favorite workers, we got the job done. The kids helped for about 5 minutes. - that is pretty normal.

My mom and I kept making trips on the Golf Cart running back in forth to get supplies & Gatorade. (It actually reached above 70 and we were sweating) My mom yelled at me for going to fast down the driveway in the golf cart. (some things never change)
By mid afternoon everything was planted; carrots, corn, tomatoes, onions, beets, pumpkins, 3 types of lettuce, cabbage, green peppers, cilantro, jalapenos, watermelon, squash, cucumbers, honeydew. Wes was helping hector put the fence up because we have so many wild animals that will come and eat it that we have to try and protect it. Moles, racoons, skunks.......anyone up for a visit?

What I don't have a picture of is today after church we were eating lunch on the patio when Wes decided to let his horses out to graze. We ran out of fencing and sure enough the one horse, goes right in the middle of the garden and starts rolling around like crazy. My kids eyes were huge, and they were all starring at me waiting for me to scream. I did.

Picture above: Normal people put their cups in the sink when there done, not Davis kids.

Picture below: Normal people don't eat food after they have brushed their teeth for bed. Not Davis Kids. The ENTIRE package of marsh mellows In one session, right before they went to bed.


The following picture I'm not sure what is worse. Taylor absolutley refuses to take a bath by herself so we rotate taking baths with her and washing her hair. Usually it's me 98% of the time but Wes actually was doing me a favor. Tate taking a dump and watching the whole thing....is not normal. (This picture might cause a divorce, so if you don't hear from me, let's hope I get to keep my cars - he can have the horses!)



And finally last but not least....I'm an officially trained on the super dooper John Deere Lawn mowing MACHINE - yep that's right, that is me mowing my front yard. It's hard to tell by the picture but that machine has three hydraulic mowers that expands more than 10 feet - and yes that's me in drivers seat. There is seriously nothing about my life that is normal any more.




8 comments:

MyrLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MyrLynn said...

Seriously guys, how much land do you have? The views look like what I better be getting used to. Pretty much all your abnormal stuff I think is pretty normal for the Hill family. Uh, we shower instead of bath!

Lindsey said...

Ok..seriously the bath picture, had me ROLLING!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

MaryAnn said...

Yeah - you guys are weird!

Tara said...

i always get a good laugh when i stop in to catch up:) the "camo" picture- priceless, what a genius idea! look at you go on that tractor- i bet wes just stares in awe at how hot you look on it:) hehee!

Travis and Nikki said...

You are soooo normal. I love the garden. I am jealous you have always done a garden and I want you to teach me someday how to do it. I can't wait to see you guys I am counting the days. My surgery is July 27th and I have to stay in town for 2 weeks just to make sure the cerclage takes. So We'll have to postpone the trip. Take care and I love you guys.

Karry said...

Normal is boring. ;-)

Angela said...

love your last two posts! life looks exciting for you- what a great garden. is it still going to produce? love the bath-