Friday, June 12, 2009

Eleven

Well today's our 11th Wedding Anniversary. I've spent all morning long working on the slideshow below - as I started tearing through all those old scrapbooks I couldn't believe the amount of memories we've had. One of the best traditions that Wes & I started was keeping a journal of our anniversaries. We go back through the entire year, write the good, the bad, the heartaches, the changes, the bad decisions, the good decisions made, the goals for the next year, the new friends we've made, the vacations we've taken, a summary of the holidays, what are kids are doing and our favorite memories of the past year. (Trust me we take turns writing and it usually takes a few hours......so worth it!)

It's impossible to sum up 11 years, but I can give you a glance.

3 Kids, 17 animals (along the way -luckily we are currently at 5), 7 moves, 4 states, 5 career changes, 8 wards, 100 fights with 100 make-ups (thank goodness) too much laughter to count and so much love I can't even put into words. So to my sweet husband, you have often asked me, "Would you do it all over again?" ........... and the answer of course would be, Yes, Yes & Yes!!!!

11 Reasons why........

1. After 11 years, your still pretty hot.

2. Your worth a lot more money now. (J/K - and you drive a heck of a lot nicer car, that old car that only had 3 gears and no reverse - you've come a long way!) But seriously, I admire how successful you've become, and how your integrity guides every decision you make.

3. You seriously make me laugh everyday. Your sense on humor is totally turning out more and more like your Dads, red-neck/Wyoming kind of charm, but it still works on me.

4. Your tender towards my feelings (98% of the time) and even though I drive you crazy 2% of the time, I know you still love me.

5. You always tell people that we would get along perfectly if I would just do what you say. The reality is, you married the wrong girl for that, but you wouldn't want it any other way.

6. Your true and I love that you love the simple things of life.

7. You are a great dad, and I mean that.

8. I love that you take care of the little things for me and always help me when I ask.

9. Your willingness to serve the Lord.

10. Your compassion, tenderness, friendship and smile.

11. I love the way you look at me...Sometimes it's a look of warning (like, don't push my buttons), sometimes it's a silly look to make me laugh. But my favorite look is when you look at me and I completely know that you love me. You don't say anything at all -but its a look that I can feel. No one in the world makes me happier than you.

I love you Wes! - (PS, I told you me present was Free!!!!)

No comments: