Sunday, June 28, 2009

Surprise!

Well I pulled it off...and it was better than I even imagined. As most of you know Tye is going to for double surgery next Tuesday, two days before his birthday. He was really disappointed because he knew that meant nothing fun for his birthday. What he didn't remember is that his Mom is phenomenal and loves to have parties! Needless to say I planned a big surprise Birthday party for both Tye & Tate on the same day. (Their birthdays are so close, It's always been easier to throw one big party).
I almost didn't pull it off. Tate got in the car one day after summer school and said, "Are you sending my friends letters?" I said, "No, why would I send your friends letters?" He said, "I don't know, but that's embarrassing, send your own friends letters!" I was trying so hard to keep a straight face, but planning a surprise party for Kindergarten class was going to be tricky.


I ordered the cakes:


Tate's of course with Horses

And Tye has been telling me for weeks he wanted a "Colts" cake, no shocker there.

Pizza Hut was nice enough to host 30 kids 6-9 years old!


We had a neighbor tell the boys he was taking them bowling and he brought them down to meet all their friends. They were both totally surprised, shocked and embarrassed. Tye's face went red immediately and Tate wasn't sure what to do, so he just kept looking around.

As Always, you have to sing Happy Birthday...

Make some wishes and blow out the Candles..........

Open Presents (my kids favorite part).


Eat pizza, breadsticks, rootbeer and cake & ice cream.


And then head to the Tundra Lodge, a huge indoor waterpark in downtown Green Bay, it's one of our family's favorite spots! (What I was thinking taking 25 kids to a waterpark...well let's put it this way, I wasn't thinking!!!!)


The fun never ended as the kids went from pool to pool trying out all the activities.





By the end of the day, the kids were exhausted, I was exhausted, but it really turned out so much better than I even imagined. I love my boys, and so happy they had such a great day!

I had to include one last picture, Tate was so tired by the end of the day he actually fell asleep while Wes & I were cleaning up......so sweet!


4 comments:

MyrLynn said...

Holy cow girl, you AMAZE me. Will you slow down and let the rest of us catch up?

MaryAnn said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Happy Birthday boys!

Karry said...

I wish we were there. I would have loved to see their faces for the surprise. I love those little guys.

Kris said...

What a fun idea for your boys and a party they will never forget. I wish we had a fun water park like that here in Vegas. Remember Wet and Wild? I hated it years ago, but would love to take my kids there now. Did your little girl go to the party?