Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Morning

4:55 Hear Wes getting ready for work - decide to try and go back to sleep.

5:13 Wes is gone but hear Tate getting up to use the bathroom and pray he'll fall back asleep.

5:18 Open my eyes to see Tate standing in front of me all dressed for school and yells "Surprise". I hurried and told him to talk soft because I didn't want him to wake up Tye and Taylor who were sleeping in my bed because Tate came to me last night and asked if he could "Borrow" Dad. When Tye and Taylor realized I said yes to Tate they immediately started in with the whole "that's not fair speech" so they slept with me. Lovely Night

5:23 Tate was done snuggling, told me Sissy was hogging the bed and he needed hot chocolate. I told him that it was still dark outside so we needed to stay in bed a few more minutes. He said "no we don't its better to get up right now, this way the light won't hurt our eyes."

5:24 Started fixing hot Chocolate

5:28 Turned on the TV started watching the news and listening to Obama's speech again, got disgusted, turned the channel.... more Obama - as you can tell I can't bring myself to go there yet. Turned the channel to a local Greenbay station (where the announcers are about as bad as the ones in Idaho.) ... Watch the weather and learn that this is our last day of sunshine and decent weather. Our weekend high is 37 - with our possible snow.

5:29 Turn the TV over to Tate for Curious George

5:36 Tate spills entire cup of Hot Chocolate on the floor I mopped the day before.

5:38 Get the dished done, start going through the kids lunch boxes from the day before and realize Tate is only eating the snacks.

5:40 - Dog starts barking - feed the dog and the "Titty."

5:44 Pour Tate cereal, look at the pile of laundry and start separating colors.

5:46 Hear little noises coming from behind the counter - knowing it's Tye or Taylor trying to be funny. So I turn to Tate and tell him I think we have a mouse in the house.

5:48 Taylor comes crawling out behind the counter pretending to be mouse.

5:50 Start making Tate's bed and pick up his room.

5:55 Pour Taylor a bowl of cereal and find Tate the Toys R Us Catalog so he can make sure he has everything he wants circled for Christmas.

5:57 Taylor spills her entire bowl of cereal all over the table, my new purse, and onto the clean floor.

6:00 Check my Email - have a message from my friend in Idaho - read her blog, then start realizing I haven't cleaned up the spilled cereal.

6:10 Get floor cleaned up for the second time & start making lunches.

6:14 Look at the calendar for today, Presidency meeting, play group and Pork Loin for Dinner. I love Thursdays because it is the only night we do not have scheduled -no dance, scouts, basketball etc...just home!

6:17 Tate starts screaming....I hear him run to the closet, pull over the chair, get out his BeeBee Gun and started yelling to Tye that there's deer in the front yard. Tye comes running out (I need to use that trick more often for as fast as he got out of bed... can you tell who is Dad is?) Sure enough we all run to the window and sure enough the deer are just leaving our yard heading to the corn fields. Tye swears there is a buck and to call Dad Immediately.

6:19 Try calling Wes , I hear his cell phone ringing on the counter.

6:22 Tye starts running around the house searching for Wes's binoculars.

6:24 Try calling Wes again.....no answer at his office.

6:25 Deer are starting to wonder off.

6:28 School Bus shows up, I seriously start debating on using it in the mornings.

6:32 Tate is dressed and ready to go hunting...Tye starts teasing him....I get mad at Tye....you know the routine.

6:35 Tell Tye to get dressed for school.

6:36 Tye decides to eat. Gets out the cereal, tries to pour it, the entire bag ends up spilled. I shut my eyes....try to regain control...listen to Taylor and Tate fighting over a pair of scissors...Tell Tye to get dressed again...while I clean up the spilled cereal.

6:44 Start gathering up Wes's clothes for the dry cleaners, wishing I didn't have to waste money on that kind of stuff.

6:47 Make my bed, pick up Wes's dirty socks from the night before, and notice my first stain on my brand new comforter and bedding set.

6:50 Tye is teasing Tate...I tell him to get dressed for school. He informs me that he can't find his library book.

6:55 Still searching for a Library book....Taylor is talking to Cinderella on the phone...Tate is pretending to do homework. Tate never has homework so he brings home old insurance forms and fills them out, he says it is his special homework. Don't ask me about my stack of filled out insurance forms, it's about a foot high!

6:59 Catch Tye watching TV - still not dressed for school - tells me that he has no clothes to wear. I tell him if he's not dressed in two minutes I'm not going to let him wear his new Vans he got in the mail yesterday.

7:00 Decide I will help out Wes...Tate & I head outside to feed the horses. Try to figure out how to open the horse trailer to get the hay - Tate has to help me figure it out. Start feeding the hay - the wind is blowing and more ends up in my face and hair then on the ground. Not Happy - then Tate decided he wants me to take his picture with the horses. I said no - he makes that face - I change my mind start walking back to the house to get my camera.

7:08 Get my camera, start walking to the barn and see that the dog has started chewing my new patio furniture. - Seriously Not Happy -

7:10 Take Tate's pictures while wishing I would have put a coat on.

7:12 Get back into the house - Taylor has now cut up two or three pieces of paper into little tiny pieces. I Start throwing away the pieces, she starts crying.

7:14 Tye comes out dressed for school. Shorts and a short sleeve shirt. I tell him he needs a sweatshirt or jacket.

7:16 Get Tate's hair combed, teeth brushed. Tate used Taylor's toothpaste the the world fell apart. Honestly, you would have thought someone died. Sat Taylor down and told her she has to share her toothpaste.

7:18 Make Taylor's bed and put away her clothes.

7:20 Look at the clock and realize Wes probably isn't coming home to take the kids to school.

7:22 Fight begins with Tye over why he won't wear a sweatshirt. (He can't be quarterback if he has on to many layers, and wearing a sweatshirt gets in his way) I tell him I don't care put on a sweatshirt. He starts whining....you don't care about anything...I hate school....why do I have to ride the bus home.....etc....on and on!

7:25 Tell everyone to get in the car. Tate asks "Where are my pictures?" I said What pictures? He said "the ones you took this morning." I said "Mom hasn't had time to print them, I'm trying to find Taylor shoes." Starts whining....you only care about Taylor shoes....you never do anything I want you to do.....I bet I have brown bread in my lunch. (he hates wheat bread)

7:28 Start thinking about the conversation I had with my Mom yesterday. For Christmas she is going to buy Wes & I plane tickets so we can go on a trip to Washington DC next year. I seriously start debating if I can cash those in before Christmas.

7:30 Pulling out the drive way, Tye forgot his backpack, still couldn't find the library book, Taylor doesn't have shoes on, Tate will still not talk to me because I didn't print his pictures, and I am in my old ugly yellow robe and slippers because I haven't had time to get dressed.

7:30 - 8:17 - Somewhat of a peaceful ride, everyone was mad at me and not talking, kind of enjoyable. I did notice all the leaves are gone on the trees, Winter is coming.

8:20 - I eat cereal and decide to blog.

8:28 Wes comes home, asks if I have time to make him oatmeal. Then asks "Have you seen my cell phone?" I just point to it. He asks about my morning...I tell him he can read the published edition this afternoon.

9:12 I'm going to be late for playgroup - it's going to be a Hat day - Taylor just broke the brand new necklace I bought last night, and I have the song "A pocketful of sunshine" in my head, so enjoy!

8 comments:

Kris said...

Oh my gosh Rathje...that was just hilarious. I must say life is more eventful on a farm. I'm dying that your bus comes so early! Our bus comes at 8:45 and I won't tell you how many times we've missed it. We moms are definitely overworked and underpaid...

MaryAnn said...

I am dreading when my kids start school because I am not a morning person and I'm not sure I can handle all that craziness in the mornings. Course we don't live on a farm and are not likely to see any deer.

Kris said...

Bless your heart. The joys of having kids and all of the things we deal with on a daily basis. I'm on vacation and you'd think my little one would at least sleep until 5:30, but nope...rise and shine by 5:15. Drives me nuts so I feel your pain and I've had those days where everything just seems to fall apart. Keep your head up!

Amanda said...

Your morning is more eventful than my entire week! Ha ha. I love it!

Karry said...

I am laughing. I just cleaned refried beans out of my curtains last night from when I made your children nachos. Seriously…beans in the curtains…how does that happen?

Tara said...

how on earth do you funcion when your kids get up that early?? i just have to laugh- my kids are so much like yours it's crazy! hat day rules in my life lately! and you forgot to mention how long it takes to get a little girl ready-clothes, matching shoes, fix HAIR, etc! that's what takes up a chunk of my morning time too!

Audra said...

This is just too funny- How do you do it all? YOU are SUPER mom!!

Tonya said...

I really think that if I tried to document my mornings i WOULDn't get out of bed for a week. They are always rough and have to be done and forgotten so I can get on with my day. Seth always has piles under his bed with plates, treats and cups. It drives me crazy. OTher wise it doesn't end. Thanks for the entertainment. It was so much fun to see you on Halloween.