Sunday, November 16, 2008

Craziness


I'm so glad it's Sunday and the only thing on the agenda is Church! What a week. I was so exhausted from everything that I took a nap last night and 5:00, woke up for an hour then went back to bed at 8:00 and didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning! I can't handle much more weeks like that. The problem is that I'm not a very good mom when I get tired, and I'm so thrilled that this week life resumes back to normal. Last week everyday and every night was scheduled - we held a weekend youth retreat at our house for 35 youth from the ward (which turned out totally awesome and totally worth every bit of effort) I had signed up to volunteer in the boys class rooms (which Wes had to fill in for me) I worked over 45 hours (figuring budgets and working on new contracts for the next 14 months) - if I didn't love using my brain I would not do this. Plus scouts, dance, getting my house ready,birthday parties, meetings, and all the other normal stuff I was wiped out!

We also got our first snow storm, which Taylor was thrilled. She has never seen snow - so she immediately got on her snowsuit and loved it. Wes even built a awesome snowman, which I wish I would have taken a Picture of.

Tate actually agreed to letting me cut his hair - on one condition, that Dad would take a bath with him. (Wes was thrilled)
Tye also had his first rain gutter regata. He made a neat boat, and we decorated it with fly fishing stuff, but Wes cut something off, which disqualified us from winning anything. (Wes felt bad, but this scouting thing is new for us.)
Finally, we decided that for Thanksgiving we are going to fly to Salt Lake and spend Thanksgiving in Wyoming, it will be fun. We haven't been to Wyoming in over a year. I also am excited to see Temple Square, spend time with family and do some shopping. Plus Wes's family has a neat tradition for thanksgiving, they spend the entire day snacking on fabulous appetizers, they are so yummy....I love the holidays!
I also started reading the Twilight series....I read the first book a while ago and liked it, but now that I am constantly surrounded by 20 12-18 year old girls I decided I better finish the series...so I'm currently on New Moon. I do like them, but if I start reading I stop doing anything else. But it is Sunday - so hopefully I'll finish today!

7 comments:

Audra said...

Wow- that's a whole lot of Wes! I bet he is also thrilled you put that picture on the blog!

You are too busy! I could never handle all of that.

Enjoy Wyoming! Too bad UNLV had to beat them on Thursday in football! :)

Karry said...

Since when did a bath with Wes become a prize? That's hilarious.

Kris said...

Welcome to the club of craziness of life with kids, work, school, activities, and life in general. Glad you're reading my favorite books. They are good and a much needed relaxer when you've had enough of your fun life! Have fun in SLC. I love going to Temple Square during that time. Have you ever eaten at the Roof? Love that restraunt that is down there.

MaryAnn said...

SOunds like a busy, crazy, fun time. We are going to be in the SLC area for Christmas and are also planning on going to Temple Square to see the lights. Too bad we will not be there at the same time. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Travis and Nikki said...

Nice picture Wes. Travis and I laughed so thanks:) We can't wait to see you guys. Only 9 days but who's counting? Love US

Cheryl said...

holy cow kim. you must have your husband wrapped around your little finger. scott would (1) never take a bath (2) NEVER take a bath with a 6 year old kid (3) NEVER EVER let me take a picture of him in the bath (4) SERIOUSLY KILL ME if i ever posted the picture on my blog.

we're going to mexico for Thanksgiving. not really the wintery scenery i was hoping for but it should be fun. we need a getaway so bad!

Larry and Barbara said...

Wes, are you out of bubble bath?