Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The last 48 Hours

I thought you'd enjoy some of the realities of our last 48 hours.

1. Wes found the picture of him - the bathtub picture - not thrilled, but was a good sport.

2. Went bowling as a family. A great thing is that I won - I usually do. It's one of the few things I can beat Wes at. The bad thing is that Taylor peed (I'm not sure how to spell that) but yes, she peed her pants and then came and sat on my lap - not so fun.

3. Tate bought "Hot Lunch" for the first time at school. It was a VERY big deal to him. The whole way to school he kept crying telling me how Nervous he was (Nervous is his new big word) He kept telling me how terrible I was because we didn't have any bread in the house - and how come I can get things right and that I needed to stay with him until lunch was over. (Luckily I was in my PJ's so it got me out of staying) The little Turkey didn't realize that on Sunday night he begged for French Toast for Dinner and that I used all the Bread we had making HIS French Toast. Oh....the joys. When Tate got home from school he was so proud of himself. What he didn't realize is that I went home E-mailed his teacher to help him and had her call me when lunch was over to make sure he survived!

4. Monday I didn't work. At 8:50 in the morning I popped a bag of kettle corn, opened some rootbeer and watched all my shows I DVR'd from last week. It was Lovely....although the shows I'm watching aren't doing it for me this season.

5. I went to get in the car for Mutual last night and our horses were in the front yard, somehow they escaped from the barn. We had to use the brights on Wes's truck to find them all.

6. Yesterday I had to be in meeting where we had to let people go. Wes & I have about 50 employees and while running these ranches there have been times we have to let people go. IT IS SO HARD. There is nothing fun about those decisions, I hate it. It really bothers me.

7. There is a new Star Wars trend at our house. It all started with the Lego Star Wars game, but our boys are totally into it. Wes & I are NOT Totally into it,but we hoping it's just a phase. We went to blockbuster last night and rented 3 starwars movies...yuck! The funny thing is, is that Tate runs around the house fighting people with his (pretend) light saber - however his sound effects are so real it's amazing. Tye always teases his and says - "hey Tate who are you fighting?" but yesterday morning I caught Tye fighting in front of my mirror and said "Hey Tye, who are you fighting?"...he was so embarrassed, but I couldn't stop laughing.

8. My kitchen floor is screaming "CLEAN ME" but I haven't had the desire to yet.

9. Found a awesome Ice cream store. I believe I am the only 33 year old that still orders Bubble Gum Ice cream. (Waffle Cone I might ad)

10. I am seriously contemplating getting rid of our dog...she is driving me over the edge. Guess how much stuff she has chewed up .....our phone line, Tate's boots, her water bowl, my pumpkins, her leash, a floormat to a car, Tye's football, numerous gloves, Tate's church shoes, endless sacks of trash, her pillow, 2 halters and a lead rope - honestly I can't afford her. She was a "Free" Dog that has cost me hundreds of dollars. I really am at my witts end with her.

11. I got the kids report cards and they are both doing very well - which makes me a happy. We have our first parent teacher conference tomorrow and it will be nice to really see their progress.

12. The whole "Twilight" thing, I liked the first book, but I'm not so into the second...does it get better?

13. Filled up my car with Gas $1.97 a gallon - loving this!

14. I can officially say that I've taken a bath with a cat! Our cat sits right at the door from our mud room to the garage, every time someone goes in the garage she bolts into the house. This particular time Taylor & I were taking a bath - Wes opens the door - the cat darts in, Wes starts chasing....so she jumps on the ledge on the bathtub searching for Taylor -trying to escape Wes - the cat slips and falls right into the bathtub with me & Taylor - I was SCREAMING - the cat was SCREAMING and Wes was laughing, carrying the dripping cat back to the garage. I swear I should be paid for everything I put up with. Needless to say - the bath ended immediately, but honestly, honestly, these are seriously the realities of my life. No fame, glory, rewards just baths with cats. Lucky me.

15. Finally my kids have been waking up before me, 2 days in a row. The nice thing is that by 7:00 at night they are out...sound asleep!! However at 5:03 this morning they were up. I really don't mind. They get up and play their Star Wars game. I usually just leave them alone, but at 6:30 tell them it's time to get ready for school. They think I'm being so nice because I let the play in the morning - they don't realize everyone else in this universe is still sound asleep!

I could probably come up with a few more but I have Presidency meeting and I need to make Muffins and Smoothies, plus take my kids to school!

I forgot one thing I have to add. Taylor is doing this new thing that right before she is about to cry over something she starts this heavy panting....seriously it's this crazy off the wall "Pant" I have got to get her some more friends, she hangs around animals way to much. I wish I could record this "Panting" You would die laughing......

If anyone wishes to buy me one of those video recorders for christmas I could provide some serious entertainment.

10 comments:

Nicole B. said...

Ok, keep reading the books!!! The third book is by far my favorite and I had a hard time getting through the second also. But of course I am obsessed with the books and I am going to the midnight showing tomorrow so I may not be the best person to take advice from on this subject.

Karry said...

When I called Monday night at 7 pm your time, you and all the kids were already asleep so I talked to Wes. I asked him if he looked at your blog lately...he opened it up and said one word, "nice."

As for the dog/cat/horse situation...I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should get some chickens.

MaryAnn said...

Kim, as always your blog provides a fun read. Thanks for the good laugh!

Tara said...

I love all your posts! I'm laughing at your "day off" and popping popcorn before 9am and watching your shows, that is so me but it's usually 9pm and i stay awake until 2am. My boys also have been getting up early (6:30) to play Club Penguin on disney.com. Don't let your boys start, they will become addicted! But yes, the Star Wars, it's huge for Creyton right now, and he would've done the exact same thing as Tate over the lunch issue, I can't believe how much alike our boys are!

Tara said...

Oh my word- I just scrolled down and saw the "bathtub" picture- and I am almost peeing my pants laughting you put in on your blog!!! Cole would DIE if I did that, he hates even me mentioning his name on the blog! Tell Wes no worries, I won't show Cole:) When will you be in SLC? Let's try to meet up even if it's for 15 minutes!!

Amanda said...

Oh man kim, another funny blog posting. But i have to admit i was a little sad that there wasnt a pic of you in the bath with the cat. wes made his appearance in the bath. Im pretty sure your other blog fans would agree with me! hahah LOVE IT!

-oh by the way, i got the new Christina Aguilera greatest hits CD- it good for $10!

Cheryl said...

kim, you have to get through the 2nd book. everyone agrees that it's the worst but keep on reading. also, you need to call the dog whisperer. i saw an episode once about dogs who chew everything up and i can't remember for the life of me what the fix was. google it.

p.s. it was 87 degrees here in buckeye yesterday! is it too much to wish for snow?

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Hey Girl, How are you guys. I am glad that you found us. What happened to you guys being in Arizon? We are in Davis (Like the name: :-D) Ca. and Charlie is in his 2nd year of law school. I am still teaching high school (teaching in the "hood" is not like teaching in Wyoming). Anyway we are doing well and I can't wait to hear from you to see what you guys are up to.

Audra said...

How can all this happen to you?!?!? You should have a raality show! You would have some serious ratings!

Kris said...

You are too funny! Your day sounds hilarious and I'm pleased that you actually remember everything that goes on in your day. Maybe it's time to add another child to the mix!!! haha