Monday, November 10, 2008

Everyday Entertainment

Please tell me that I am not the only Mom in the world that tries to be a little sneaky, and it fails. With my son Tate, there is seriously never a dull moment. Notice the picture to the far left. After Halloween I hid the candy in the cabinets above our fridge (notice the green bowl). I figured since it was such a pain for me to get to the candy that my kids wouldn't find it for weeks. I was wrong. On Sunday I came in the kitchen to find Tate had crawled on top of the fridge, found the candy and had already eaten 7 pieces. He was just dropping his wrappings on the floor of course. I had to laugh - he's so much like his Mom. I could always find the candy my mom & sister would try, emphasize TRY and stash (note: Karry's best spot, the spot that took me a little longer than usual was a old shoe box - pretty clever Karry)

The second picture is what I found under Tate's dresser. Tate is famous for little Secret Spots, I can not even begin to explain what I have found over the years, but this is a prime example. Most children have collections; cars, model airplanes, etc...not Tate. Look closely at what he "currently" collecting. Sugar Cookies that we made about 6 weeks ago, a pair of dirty socks which he considers his favorite, and won't let me wash. A flashlight key chain that he stole from Tye. A golf ball that he found on his last golf trip with Dad, a pair of gloves with skeleton bones on them, (that he knows I don't like so he's trying to hide them from me), about 25 empty candy wrappers and one quarter from Wyoming, he collects them because they have a horse on them! Life with Tate is ever so interesting, and so entertaining!













4 comments:

Karry said...

You forced me to be creative…you were a skilled hunter and master culinary consumer. Some things never change – ha!

Last time Tate was at my house, I found some stickers behind a plant and a lollypop under the couch. He leaves secret stashes wherever he goes. It’s part of his charm. I miss my Tate.

Audra said...

Tate, you are awesome! I love all the funny little things you do. Maybe because I don't have to clean them up. :)

Audra said...

P.S. I am loving the Green Bay Football Schedule on the fridge.

MaryAnn said...

That is pretty great. Kids are so funny.