Thursday, October 9, 2008

Our first Dance

Yesterday was the day...Our first day at Dance!!!!I'm so use to football, basketball, baseball practice, that It was so fun taking Taylor to her first day at Ballet. She was so excited to go, I had bought her little leotard and ballet shoes the day before but when I told her it was time to get ready she started squealing with excitement- she refused any help, tried putting on the tights herself and when she kept falling over I asked her again, "Would you like some help?" She put her hands on her hips, rolled her eyes and said "Oh...fine" She is so dramatic! After we got her all ready she danced on the Ottoman for about an hour until it was time to leave. Even the boys got so excited for her, they talk to her like she's still a baby sometimes and they were telling her she looked so pretty and to dance like a princess.
When we got to the studio it was a different story. For the first 10 minutes she wouldn't get off my lap because she was shy. Finally the teacher said "Mom would you like to come dance with us too? In my mind I was seriously thinking "Hell no, I don't want to stand in front of those mirrors practicing the scissors in front of all these people" so I just smiled and said "No, were fine, she's just a little shy." We watched for another few minutes when the teacher got out these matts. (really they were old carpet samples, but whatever lady) The teacher lined all the little girls up on these matts, then went and got two more pieces of carpet and said "Come on Mom, bring your little girl" Honestly - take a hint lady, but I was just like you got to be kidding me......Let me tell you about what I was wearing. Earlier in the day Wes needed help with Inventory at the ranch so I decided to go help him. I had on old jeans, with no belt, knee high work boots and and old gap sweatshirt. I had specifically picked out one of my new cute jackets to hide what I was wearing and pull off the whole work boot look, but underneath the whole jacket was dreadful - I was counting cows, not planning on jumping around old pieces of carpet. Needless to say Ballet Lady wouldn't quit, I painfully took off my jacket went to the dance floor and sure enough started jumping from carpet to carpet. I was laughing so hard at myself, and when Taylor seemed to forget I was behind her I darted for my jacket, put it back on, and found a seat in the back row! I laughed the entire way home, one big fat mama prancing around old pieces of carpets with work boots, ugly clothes, hair in a ponytail surrounded by cute little 3 year olds in ballet shoes! Oh, the things I do for my kids...I think next week I'll let Wes take her to dance and not tell him about the whole Shy thing and let him take a whirl at the Old Carpet Dance!!!!

The Pictures from BEFORE we got to Dance, too bad I didn't take a picture of myself!


5 comments:

Nicole B. said...

Too cute!!! And I am sure you were the cutest and best dancer out there on those pieces of carpet, your just being modest ;)

Susan Wise said...

What a darling dancer!!! It would have been nice to be a fly on the wall at the dance class to watch you Kim!! Enjoy these times. They are very precious!! Miss you!!
Susan

Karry said...

Sweet little Taylor. I hope she gets her dance moves from our side of the family. I’ve seen Wes’s moves and I’m not impressed. :)

MaryAnn said...

What a pretty little ballerina!

Audra said...

Kim- Shake what yo mama gave ya!

Taylor you look so pretty!