Saturday, October 4, 2008

I can't Believe It!

I can't believe I actually enjoyed the Int'l Dairy Expo - it was so much fun. I know, I was really dreading it, thinking about what in the world I was going to do for 3 days, but it was pretty fun. I'll sum up the highlights. First they had all these Cheese samples, everywhere with all of these different cheese spreads, Wes & I liked them so much we bought 4 different types - they are delicious! (Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas?) Second we spent sometime watching the dairymen get ready to show their cows - you would not believe what they do. They get better taken care of then I do. They totally bath the cow, then give it a fine shave, they even paint the back with white spray paint to even out the coloring, then they polish their hooves, I even saw a cow getting blow dried! I was totally laughing so hard, (and embarrassing Wes to death because I was asking so many questions) but then I found out the winners get like $25,000 - for heaven's sakes I would blow dry a cow and clean out their ears for $25,000! Third I love learning, (actually using my brain once in a while) and we learned SO much, plus we would go listen to these presentations and then they would take us to these really high end restaurants - I mean HIGH END...it's just business for these salesmen, but the food was AweSoMe!! (I think I gained 5 lbs because we ate so well....) At one place we went to a Brazilian steak house, when the waiter came to tell us about the specials I looked at Wes and said "What in the world did he say, I have no clue what half that stuff is" - like infused cauliflower soup with goat cheese, pineapple salsa and a gourmet crouton - ($12 bucks just for the soup I might add) but it was great - I ordered a steak with red potatoes and asparagus. When it came out it was about the size of my fist. A steak, ONE single red potato - ONE single potato cut in 5 slices that you could see through and 4 pieces of asparagus. I looked at Wes and said "They must not think people like to eat?" But the presentation was fabulous - and the food was great - but Holy Cow - I guess If I ate at those kind of places I would be wearing a smaller size but not have any money to buy gas to get home. Another thing I loved is that we had a great hotel with a bathtub in it's own room - it was separate from the bathroom and it was Awesome, when we walked in I started laughing and then called some people that came with us and asked them if they wanted to come swimming in our bathtub - It was seriously the biggest tub I have ever seen, and yes anyone who knows me knows I LOVE LOVE LOVE taking baths, and used it many times. I even came home early one day to take a long bath followed by a long nap - that was worth the whole trip, I can't remember the last time I actually just relaxed and took a nap. Seeing all of the exhibits was also fun, Wes liked looking at all the new equipment and I liked shopping at all the little booths. However, I must say the highlight of the trip was just being with Wes. I know, it's a little corny, but so often at home we never get to spend much time just having fun together. It seems like we are always pulled in so many directions, but on little trips we just get to have fun, laugh and I always realize how much I truly love him! As on every trip at the end I always start itching to see my babies, and coming home is always fun. We pulled up in the driveway and they all came running out of the house, they seem to grow so much while we were away. I actually spend the entire day playing with them, playing playstation, knights and cops with the boys and babies and horses with Sissy - sometimes coming home really really makes me realize how much I love my life....love my family...and once in a while life really is.... Home Sweet Home!!!

PS. For my dear sweet mother - Thank You So Much for coming and watching our babies so we could get away - I love you dearly Mom!!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm glad you had a good time. I loved being with the kids and we had a good time. love you all, mom

MaryAnn said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation for you and Wes. Glad you enjoyed it.

Karry said...

Wow! You taught Mom how to leave comments on blogs. That's fabulous.

I hope she told you about the “raccoon” that was in your house while you were away.

Susan Wise said...

What a fun getaway for you!! Maybe you should do a trip without cows!! I could just picture you blow drying a cow!! That would be priceless!!
Love Susan