Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just Life....

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "-Marjorie Hinckley

This is my new favorite quote, I found it on my friend Mindy T. blog and loved it, anyone who knows Mindy knows she lives by this quote...love you Mindy! Anyway I just related, probably because I'm guilty of being the girl at the beginning of the quote, not not the one at the end. But I'm trying!!!!

Although our week hasn't been full of fun events or life changing moments it's been a good week. I was in charge of a carnival for mutual - which turned out awesome! We've had special guest day at the boys school, Tye did good at singing, but he's too cool to sing right now. Tate on the other hand really busted a move, he was so hilarious to watch. I need to learn how to download video - you would die laughing, he's such a character! Taylor had dance, Tye at scouts, we joined the YMCA, registered the boys for basketball, I volunteered for a day in Tye's class, worked with Wes almost everyday, have not cleaned my house for the week...its scheduled for tomorrow along with the missionaries for dinner and taking Taylor to get her pictures done. Saturday football games, scouting for food, a trunk or treat at church and the most important...packing for our trip. We are going to Newport Beach and Disneyland and Las Vegas for 10 days! I can't wait, although I wish Wes was coming with us. Unfortunately he has to stay and work, it reminds me of my Dad, always working so we could enjoy life. I wish I would have appreciated my parents more when I was younger, it's not until your a parent that you realize how hard of a job it is! Love you Mom & Dad!

Well enough rambling...I better get down and check the basement, I gave the boys permission to build a fort and haven't heard from them in about an hour, that only means one thing. I"M IN TROUBLE~ I'm just trying to remember the quote, take a deep breath before I open my eyes to the disaster and try to remember I'm trying to be the mom with peanut butter on her shirt, not the one with the clean house! Heaven help Me!

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I have always liked that quote from Sister Hinckley - something I am working towards as well. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Darice said...

Just what I needed to hear/read! I LOVE that quote!