Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Time

Every year my Mother in Law buys our children the absolute best Halloween costumes ever! We love her - thank you!!! My kids look forward to it every year. Since we have never lived close to grandma, she calls and gives the kids a website that they can order their costumes from. They spend hours - HOURS - looking at which costume they like the best. Some kids use their costumes once or twice a year however my kids literally live in their costumes for weeks. They spend hours playing dress up. The boys are usually ninjas, knights the usual. Taylor - or course always a princess. This year she wanted to be Belle, but it was sold out so she became our "Southern Belle" the costume is so fun, and she is wearing it out. It has a little hoop on the bottom and she is constantly tripping, I shouldn't laugh, but it's so funny to see her dancing around and then **BAM** on the ground.

Last night we went to our first Halloween party at the church called a Trunk or Treat. Tye ran from car to car packing his bag full of candy. Taylor hit maybe 10 cars and then got to tired to walk (trick or treating should be so fun, good thing Aunt Karry will be there to carry her). Tate went to one car, got a nestle crunch bar and then came back and helped me pass out candy. I passed out 4 huge bags from Sams Club and went through everything!!! Afterwards Tate started crying because he didn't get any candy, you can never win. The only thing he kept saying was "At least I got one crunch bar." (which are his favorite) I kept telling him we will have plenty more opportunities for candy, but of course he doesn't believe me! By the time we got home Wes carried all the kids into their beds, of course we didn't bother taking off the costumes, we thought they would be fine.....until.....I found Tate's costume on the living room floor, smelling of....you guessed it... urine! Oh, it stunk so bad, but it's washed, cleaned and packed for Las Vegas! We fly out today at 3:00. Four days in CA and then 5 in LV - I'm so excited!!!!


1 comment:

Karry said...

Adorable photos. I can’t wait to see the kids – 7 hours and counting!