Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tougher than the Rest...

Well new callings come and life changes.


Many of you know my husband personally, and many do not. The words I would use to describe him are tough, simple and pure. He truly is a cowboy - not the wrangler/hat/belt buckle cowboy, but the tough, rough and rugged cowboy, who really knows how to brand cattle and ride horses!
He loves to have fun, and is a dare devil at times. (Especially when he is around his brother and our brother in law) They are also his best friends.




He would rather live in this pack tent and live off the land than have the biggest house in the world. He is very simple in his wants and wishes in this life.










He loves loves loves loves loves hunting. (It is something I really don't understand, but try my best to support this obsession...)














And although I have yet to see him actually catch a fish, he loves to fly fish, and refuses to give up. (I should note that he has caught fish...I have just never seen it!)

He is very easy going, and "If" he likes you, be prepared to be endlessly teased. Most of the time you can find him at the ranch, trying consistently to make life better for everyone around him. He is honest, devoted and such a blessing to me, and our children.

Do not misunderstand me, I'm not the type of girl that pretends to live in a happy little dream world. We fight, we argue and many days I have to remind myself I love him because I have moments I don't necessarily like him. (Ask my sister, she is the one who gets the phone calls as I'm driving down the road to check into a hotel...but never really do).

I am also pretty selfish of his time, and like to keep him to myself. So needless to say when he got called into the Bishopric a few weeks ago I had very different emotions.

I have had many sacred moments in my life, but I will never forget watching him take his walk to the stand, and getting set apart as the new 2nd counselor. What a moment to Cherish.
I'm so eternally grateful to be a member of a Church that allows everyday men & women to serve God. To be a member of a Church that forgives us of our shortcomings and allows us to grow closer to Christ through service to others.
It's going to be hard to have him away and I could really list about 2,590 reasons to complain, but I'm trying to have a good attitude. (I will not mention what it was like to get the family to Church on my own the first week and I will have to repent of the bad thoughts I had the entire trip...but I am trying!

The nice part was having the support of family & friends in this new adventure. Wes's Dad & Uncle Ron came out for the ordination, and it was such a blessing to have family with us.

So, here's to change, and here's too my "tougher than the rest" cowboy who has a lot of work a head of him!


6 comments:

MyrLynn said...

Thats why I don't change Nate's bad habits...in hopes it keeps him out of "those' callings! nate got in touch with Hugh a couple of months ago and he is in the Stake Presidency!

MyrLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly Davis said...

Hey don't get me started on bad habits...I just pray Wes doesn't swear over the pulpit!

Kris said...

Very sweet!!

Karry said...

A man with simple tastes does not have a vest in every color – tan, brown, camouflage and neon orange. LOL. Sweet Wes.

Connie and Joe said...

Wow, I just reread your blog and it still brings tears to my eyes and that song that I didn't have the volume up for before fits Wes perfectly. You are a blessed woman Kim!!