Monday, May 10, 2010

Roosters

Mothers day is always a little interesting...

6:54: Tate comes stumbling out of bed rubbing his eyes looking at the clock.

6:55: "Mom, why are you awake, it's Mothers Day?"

Little does he know I've already been up for an hour, did the dishes from the night before, found Taylor's church shoes, checked my email, copied handouts for young women's the list goes on...

6:55 1/2: Mom to Son. "Thanks for remembering it's Mothers Day, would you like me to open your present?" Tate brought a present home from school on Thursday and he's been dying for me to open it.

6:56 Son to Mom. "No, I want you to go back to bed so I can bring you breakfast."

6:561/2 Mom to Son. "That's so nice of you, buy Mom has already started breakfast." (We had company staying with us. Sourdough pancakes, were on the way, thanks to the Uncle Ron tradition).

6:57 Son to Mom. "Can we get a rooster?"

6:57 1/4 Mom to Son. "What?"

6:57 1/2 Son to Mom. "A rooster, maybe then, I can wake up early than you in the morning?"

6:58 Mom to Son. "I'll think about it." (We already have 7478 head of cattle, 3 horses, 2 lambs which is an entire story I have yet to post and 1 dog and 1 dog that wants to join our family).

Son runs off to play....

7:03 Son to Mom. "Have you thought about it?"

7:03 1/2 Mom to Son. "Thought about what?"

7:04 Son to Mom. "Duh....the Rooster...."

7:05 Mom to Son. "Oh, not yet, Do we really need one more thing that poops around here?"

7:06 Son to Mom. "Your so mean, you never let us have anything....."

7:06 1/2 The moment I realized I'm really not a huge fan of Mothers Day.

Tate did make me a little CD Cover

"Happy Meter's Day"

Inside, he drew a picture of me and a photo of him. At least he drew me skinny....


1 comment:

Karry said...

Happy Meter's Day - sooo darn cute. I love little Tate. Tell him I'll buy him a rooster for his birthday. :)