Thursday, February 25, 2010

While the boys are away

Last weekend Wes took the boys to Winter Scout Camp. My original plans went something like this. "While the boys were away, the girls were going to play!" However, after they came
home with the camera I think we might have got the raw end of the deal....

Waving Goodbye to chaos and hello to peace, is what I thought.....

Since Tye's wheelchair and crutches aren't 4 wheel drive, we took up a sled and Wes & Tate took turns pulling him around to all of the activities.
They ice fished, went on a scavenger hunt, did some sort of widdling badge and orienteering badge, but the one part my boys do not love to participate in, is the skits and singing....it is a very dreadful night, for them
(and for Wes - scout skits - painful!)
Notice the smiling faces below.

During all of the activities Wes did manage to snap a few great pictures,
below are my favorites from the trip.


You would think having a full leg cast would hold this boy back, but he managed a few rides down the sledding hill.

I loved this pictures of Wes & the boys...thank you to who ever took it!

As for Sissy & I, not to much to mention. We cleaned the house, danced, did the laundry, listened to Princess songs, danced, watched Barbie nutcracker more times than I want to remember, we mopped the floors and danced, made cupcakes (surprise surprise) played school and danced, read books, went to the grocery store, paid the bills, danced, organized the coat closet, and to think I was actually looking forward to it all.
(Did I mention that we danced?)
We did get to go see a play, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and went out to eat, she choose KFC - literally, KFC - it was terrible, but I smiled as she ate her mac and cheese, at least I got a break from dancing!

The majority of the time we spent getting ready for New Beginnings. We had a full dinner and a great program, with all the help from my dear friends, the night turned out fabulous!

See those fancy Puff flowers and balls - thanks to the queen of decor, my sweet Ashley, the night could not have gone better!

Note to self: next time Wes takes the boys away for the weekend, hire a housekeeper, sprain my ankle, do not attempt New Beginnings, remember to tell Taylor the DVD\CD player is broke and KFC is closed, at least take one picture (although no one wants to see a picture of me dancing around in my nightgown with a mop in my hand.) Pray for sunshine (so I have a desire to leave the house) have more candy in the house (to keep my energy level to that of a 4 year old,) and start watching "so you think you can dance" to brush up on my dance moves.


5 comments:

Erin said...

I am so glad to see that Ty is doing better. He is still in our thoughts and prayers! I wonder about those upcoming scout trips... atleast you have a little girl to dance with! I will be dancing all by my lonesome!

Kris said...

How come I love those days when hubby and son is gone? Too bad it doesn't happen that often. Cute pics of the kiddos.

Travis and Nikki said...

Finally I got to see your blog and have 1 second to sit down and catch up. I love the Texas pic, you look so classy and Wes just looks like...Wes. It made me smile. Love the ring I called Travis over to show him the ring. He was pretty quite.:) I am loving the food. Hope you saved some for me:) Don't worry about the food I think you look great... It is me that still looks prego. No there is not another baby in there. Well love you lots and can't wait to see you soon. Take care and Taylor's gift is coming soon.

Karry said...

My favorite thing about this post is that you called and told me how funny it was before I read it. A true Rathje trait, indeed.

I’m really proud of Wes for taking so many photos. You have that boy trained.

MaryAnn said...

Megan would love to get in on the dance sessions with you and Taylor.