Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lovely Valentines

I have never been one of those girls who have thought that a way to a women's heart is through food. But just like many other things, I was wrong. This past weekend seriously bumped me up to the next pants size.

On Friday Wes & I sneaked away for massages and breakfast at this great restaurant in Appleton called the Machine Shed, I am a Breakfast FAN, and we never get the chance. I ordered the Farmers Special, which basically included everything you can think of. Ok, it wasn't anything compared to the Gunther House in San Antonio, but much better than your IHop/Denny's ordeals.
On Saturday it was our turn to host a Dinner Group, we had a fabulous menu.
Tortilla Soup, Cheese Dip, Black Bean Salsa, a salad with some cilantro
lime dressing that I could seriously drink, and Carne Asado Tacos - with beans and rice (that I burned). To top everything off my friend (who is a master chef) made this dessert, that was a little slice of heaven - I don't even know what it is called. I'm not even a rich chocolate fan, but I might be converted. She left me a slice of pie and seriously at 5:40 am on Sunday (Valentines) I couldn't resist!
What a Breakfast! It looked so much prettier the night before - but you get the idea!

As soon as the kids woke up we made our annual Sugar cookies.
(Thank you Chris, I still use your recipe - it's the best!)
After Church our Friends joined us for a Candle Light Dinner. We ate ribeye's, parmesan potatoes, corn, pinacolada smoothies, bread and
my friend brought these brownies - they were delicious!
I also decided it was time for a little Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- with White Chocolate, my favorite!

And to top everything off, my other friend gave me this loaf of Bread, that was mostly consumed - by my husband. He even asked me if I would call her and ask her to make some more! It was so moist, unbelievable, I get hungry just thinking about it!

The last piece - trust me, there will be a battle!

I did get even more spoiled, this time not with food - but Diamonds.
He Still Loves Me!!!!!!


Wes always felt bad that he didn't pick out my first Wedding ring, so a few months ago we started looking at rings. I had found a few that I like when he pulled this ring out of the counter. He said, if you going to get a ring, then you better get a ring, and handed me this one.
(Let's just mention it's one of the few times I choose not to argue with him - instead I said, "Hope you brought your checkbook Cowboy!")
I Love, Love, Love it, (I should have let him pick out the first one!)
I am a very lucky girl, and after this weekend,
I should say I'm a very lucky chunky girl!!!!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

You for sure should not be sad about going up a size... an entire carat size! Your ring is beautiful! Love you!

MaryAnn said...

All that food sounds and looks yummy! I'm on the after baby diet, so my Valentine's Day did not involve any treats. Your ring is pretty. Sounds like a fun Valentine's Day!

Mrs. Olsen said...

Why do I feel like I'm in Crocodile Dundee the Third...when Kimberly Rathje pulls her hand out of her pocket and exclaims in a rich Australian accent: "Now THAT's a ring."

You totally scored. good job.

"My colors are Blush and Bashful" -Steel Magnolias said...

Nicely done! so pretty kim!

MyrLynn said...

I have so many friends that read your blog just cause...they always come up to me and ask who you are and say, 'I want her life". Now I am definelty going to hear it!

Audra said...

Kimberly Michelle- Wes is taking a second wife...ME! Spoiled girl! Find me a cowboy...stat!

Kris said...

Isn't it fun to be spoiled? I love it!!

Karry said...

My dear spoiled sister. You chose well. Not because Wes feeds you and gives you diamonds, but because he DOES love you. Even though you pause Gray’s Anatomy and grab a laundry basket when he comes home from work so he doesn’t think you’ve been watching TV all day. ;-) I can't wait to see the beautiful new ring in person - only a few more weeks. Yay!

Tanner and Chelsey said...

Oh my goodness!! Your ring looks gorgeous!!