Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Birthday Boy & Mansions!

Well 9 years ago my life took a major turn...becoming a Mother, and not just any Mother, the Mother of Tye Michael Davis. I sat here trying to think of a way to describe the relationship I have with my oldest son but like most things in my life....it's impossible. If I could describe him in 5 words they would be: determined, strong willed, loving, athletic and sarcastic. Odd combination, but it works.

I can remember vividly the day he was born, when my water broke, and laughing because Wes could barely drive to the hospital he was so excited. I remember the terrible labor (I also vividly remember watching 435 episodes of "Birth Day" on the health channel and thinking that it was nothing like I expected- needless to say it was a terrible delivery which resulted in a C-section). I also remember the instant amount of love that I had for him....completely indescribable. He can literally push me to extremes, extremely happy, extremely ferocious, extremely proud, extremely disgusted....(Here comes the but)...But being his Mother is an extreme honor. I know this boy was sent with a mission, I just literally pray I can help him become the person Heavenly Father needs him to be....if I survive, I seriously better have one of those mansions in heaven with my name on the front door!

I look at him and can't believe how fast he's growing up. Three things happened yesterday that remind me even more. 1. He ate an entire box of cinnamon toast crunch by himself in one day. 2. I popped his first zit (Which is really sad, I was so hoping he would inherit my skin). 3. I took him to rent some video games since that's all he can do until he's better and we picked -Deal or No Deal- (a family favorite). We were driving home and he was looking at the cover. He said "There's some Hot Chicks on Here.....I like Blondy over here..." excuse me, your 9 -and "Blondy"...you've been hanging around your Dad too much. I said "I didn't know you were looking a picture of your mom and he said "Please....as if!"

His surgery went well, we still will not know if there is any permanent damage, but at least he's not in pain and I pray that his little body will heal correctly this time. We started laughing because when we got to the hospital they had this tiny little gown with teddy bears on it and a teddy bear waiting on the bed for him...you can imagine how thrilled he was.

They kept doing all the normal things and putting heart monitor on him and oxygen tubes and he kept looking at me making the motion for me to take pictures......which was cute. The funnest thing happened when we were just waiting for the nurses to take him away. We were just hanging out and out of the blue he lets one rip...I mean the bubbly kind. Just as we started laughing (and plugging our noses) the nurse rip opens the curtain and says...let's go! Within seconds there rolling him down the hall. Wes looks over at me and said...."I feel sorry for who ever takes that blanket off him!" We couldn't stop laughing!

For his birthday we surprised him with this "Hunting" cake and hunting clothes.

He's so ready for Hunting Season and it's still a few more months away.

Update: Today is June 13, 6 days days post surgery and this will give you a massive look into my life with this head strong son of mine (who I still love despite the following incident)

Reminder: 6 days post surgery and no bowl movement (to be polite). Here is our conversation: Did you go poop today? He smiles, which means no, but he doesn't want to tell me the truth because I won't stop bugging him and he thinks he's being funny. (This is not funny, he has been sleeping with me the past few nights (because he doesn't want anyone hurting his stitches...nice excuse but I'm a softy so it works) but it is like sleeping with the brass section of the band. ALL NIGHT LONG little toots here, little toots there....and they STINK!!!!! Every time I roll over and move the covers I about puke!!!!! So I said, get in the car. We have to take the movies back so I stop at the grocery store. (To buy laxatives...I'm desperate) I start explaining how he can take a pill or eat a piece of chocolate. He wants the pill. I go into the store, open the box, look at the size of pill and pick the chocolate. I get into the car head down the road pull out the box of chocolates and hand him a piece. "I hate chocolate" he said, "give me the pill." I said, "The pills were to big, eat the chocolate." Tye starts whining...."I don't like chocolate." I said "you eat M&M's" and hand him the chocolate. He takes the chocolate and throws it out the window!!!!. My blood pressure starts rising. I broke off another piece and said "eat the chocolate" more whining occurs. Then sissy pops off from the back seat "I'll eat some chocolate" I said "it's for Tye it's special chocolate"...more crying starts. Now I've got two kids whining and crying. I start yelling.....lose my patience...began to scream.....and throw the chocolate at him and tell him to eat it or I'm going to pull the car over. He throws the chocolate back at me....I pull over the car.....take my voice to the highest octave possible and force him to eat the chocolate. IT WAS NOT PRETTY!!!!!

What am I Doing?????? This can not be what I was sent here to do. I am a college graduate, I'm fun, light hearted, smart, sensitive and very easy going....but I'm going to loose my mind over a stupid piece of chocolate!

I want a red door on my mansion.

5 comments:

Karry said...

I would love to hear this story from Tye’s perspective. I have to laugh. We’re all stubborn. It’s part of our charm. You’re an amazing mother. I hope the chocolate works.

I too want a mansion with a red door. I love red doors.

Kris said...

Did I miss what Tye was having surgery for? I hope he's doing okay and not having poopy issues. That would suck. You're keeping it real girly and that's what I love about you.

MyrLynn said...

I remember the day Tye was born. Crazy how time flies. Thanks for putting my thoughts into words. I think us moms loose our minds over stupid things because we care so much for our kids. (That is what I tell myself anyway)

Angela said...

Loved reading the story- I'm glad I'm not the only one who 'looses it occasionally'. Hope Tye gets feeling better- try putting a bouce sheet in his boxers and maybe he'll smell fresh when he toots. I can't believe him and Kali are already turning 9! Time flys!

Anonymous said...

Love the post...I want a mansion with my own wing! Hope all goes well with the healing process for your cute little Tye.