Monday, July 27, 2009

A little of life....

I just realized that I've really only posted a few times in the month of July. But honestly who has 3 hours of free time in the Summer to actually sit down and do stuff like this (especially with kids at home!) Every night I'm exhausted, I'm not sure how much more I can take, my kids have enough energy for a new adventure everyday, but I'm seriously moving slower and slower as the summer goes on....

Here's a few things we've done in the last 10 days!!!!

A 3 Day Baseball tournament where Tye had 2 games a day and I ate so many sunflower seeds and snacks from the treat stand that I do not want to mention.


We went to a fun waterpark in Green Bay with some Families in our ward then went to the park and had a BBQ, the girls visit and the Boys play football. (By this point it was raining...sorry no pictures)


I went to girls camp for the week and had a super fun time. Girls camp in Wisconsin is the Ritz Carlton compared to what I am use to. We all stayed in Cabins and met at the Mess Hall for all the meals (where the cook had everything ready for you), access to real bathroom and showers everyday, a fun beach to play on and boats to take out on the lake....and the stake takes care of all certification. (A leader's Dream~!)

Here's a quick pictures of me & some of the girls, we had 14 in our group and it was super fun....but I am so not use to a 1:30 bed time!!!!

I have about 25 Raspberry plants that are in full bloom......so YUMMY!!!! My kids through out the day will pick a bowl and bring them in to snack on, so spoiled!


We took a family vacation to Praire du Chein. It is a small town located on the banks of the Mississippi River. We spent the day throwing rocks, catching clams

Watching the Bald Eagles, they were everywhere, we even had one pick up a fish about 20 feet from where we were on the banks....seriously right out of a National Geographic Magazine, it's so cool in real life. To bad I didn't have time to zoom my camera in.

Making the Kids stand still for a least one Picture!!!!
Now, look at the picture below. Anyone with a husband like mine will understand immediately why we could spend a few days in a little town on the Mississippi.....

a Hint??????

My husband's favorite store!!!! Wes spends hours looking at guns, scopes, anything and everything but walks out with nothing. The kids play the hunting games and pretend their hunting the stuffed animals. I walk around and look at clothing that's not my style and we walk out with Candy & Ammunition. But a family tradition!

We did spurge on a nice hotel that had a fun little waterpark inside for the kids. I got caught up on People magazine and spent too much time in the hot tub! We were seriously the only family there and it was a blast!
Since it's our first official week without living at the ball park we got the garden back in shape and my kids are already making plans on how to sell the produce.

We have a new addition to the family....and I wish it was a Baby,
but a Shetland Pony for Taylor will have to do!
Here's a picture of Tate leading her around while she's talking on the phone...Classic. We can't decide on a name....Smokey, Pistol, Silver or Shorty. (I like shorty!)

Wes & Tye are currently at Boy Scout Camp. They have been gone for last 3 days & I miss them. Sleeping in between Tate & Taylor each night is killing my back. We actually drove up tonight to visit them, I picked up some pizza and met them at camp. They are having so much fun they don't want to come home.




What I do not have enough pictures of is the amount of food my kids consume, and the fact that our family alone could fill up an entire land fill!

Or the fact that my dishes have tripled and Taylor started washing some in the bathroom sink....."to help you Mommy!" I don't have a wide angle on my camera to fit the amounts of laundry I have from kids changing clothes three times a day.... (but I'm sure you can imagine)


Or the fact that my boys find it extremely hilarious to play tricks on me.....and they wonder why Mom has to dye her hair!!!!That sums up the last 10 days and in 48 hours we leave for our 10 Day Vacation out West. Needless to Say, Never a Dull moment for this Family but one thing is for sure I'm not as Young as I use to be!!!!!


7 comments:

Nicole B. said...

You guys are seriously always up to fun stuff! Love the pony and I totally understand the whole Cabelas things, we always have to stop at the one in Lehi when we are up there.

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks great!!!! All of the photos are so fun. You will have to come see us when you are in town. I also understand the whole Cabelas thing...it is the only thing that Scott looks forward to on our trips up to my parents house.

Erin said...

Kim, lets get together on Friday for sure! James will even be around! Our home number is
435-272-4196 or 801-636-9762 (cell). We're so excited to see you guys!

Tonya said...

YOur family is hilarious. If i could actually remember the things my do each day I would either be able to write a book about it or I would commit myself to a home. can't wait to see you. I hope you stay awhile

Unknown said...

Don't even get me started on Cabela's. I throw the magazines in the trash when they come in the mail!
Love the pony picture with Taylor! How fun for her.
Are you going to Disney again? We will be there Aug. 13-14.
Sounds like our moms are going to go start swimming at the Y together. I'm so glad. Anna needs a friend to get her out of the house!!

Kris said...

Maddiedot is me...Kris. I realized after leaving a post that my DAUGHTER thinks she has a blog name. Go figure!!

Karry said...

The snake in the tub is hilarious. Remember when I hid in the tub and scared you? You were so mad at me. Good times.