Friday, July 17, 2009

Can't get enough of your Love...

So two years and 8 days later another Baby Boy entered my life. However, born with completely opposite personality than my other son.

Seven Words for my "Tater Bug" aka Tate: 1. Loving, sweet, kind, tender, content, witty & charming. He is going to be a totally ladies man when he is older...well he already has his mom's heart!

Don't get me wrong, he can also be a "swindler" and he loves to make money. He's also my best helper around the house, but it comes with a price tag. (He averages between .10 - .25 cents a job- and trust me there is a negotiation that takes place beforehand) Here's a picture of him when he was 4 trying to make money selling lemonade and Popsicles. (He's currently selling pokemon cards, and pictures to his Aunt Karry, when he knows she's coming to town)

He's also very loving, and protective. For years he use to collect band aids and carry them around in a little backpack - ready to take care of anyone and anything that got hurt. Wes & I were hoping he was going to be a doctor, but he's since decided he's going to be a horse trainer when he grows up. (Rats - I was hoping for some future benefits!)



He might actually be quite good at horse training because he's trained out horses to come to the back door for watermelon.When we got our new puppy she accidentally ate some mouse poisoning and we warned him that it might make her sick and die....it didn't go over to well, not with his tender heart. (Thank goodness she's alive and well and about to have puppies....anyone shopping for a free dog? Well actually knowing Tate he'll probably try and turn a profit!)Don't get me wrong....he can be real big stink weed and cause me Lot's of grief & dirty clothes.But when we cleans up and actually hold still long enough for me to take his picture....it melts my heart!And I forgive him for all the times he leaves his dirty socks on the kitchen counter next to my homemade bread.

And I look at those dimples and
forget about how he can be a stinker like when he put his chewed gum on top of my lotion bottle.

Or when I wake up in the morning to a night of no sleep because he's hogged the bed.

Or when I find little stashes of things he collecting in the most bizarre places. (Like his Ninja collection in my flower arrangement.)


He's definitely is one of a kind. He's not big into sports, although he's a natural athlete. Soccer is his favorite sport and he loves making goals, but usually he's just running around pretending he's training his race horses.
And once in a while we can get him to try something that doesn't involve horses, (like tubing with his dad) but that is usually not very often.
He's honestly the most content at home, playing, pretending and believing he is the best horseman/cowboy around!

But this little loving Cowboy could not make my life any happier,
So to my sweet baby, I'll never get enough of his love!



Happy Birthday Tate!

5 comments:

Karry said...

A “real big stink weed” – is that a Wisconsin expression? Sweet little Tate. He is so tender. I remember the band aid phase and laughed out loud at the gum on the lotion bottle. He can be quite mischievous as well. I can’t believe he’s already seven. I remember the day he was born.

Connie and Joe said...

He is the cutest cowboy ever!!

Kimberly Davis said...

I know it's terrible I call all my kids stink weeds and I really never thought is was so weird until now...what is wisconsin doing to me!!!!!

Audra said...

Cute post Kim! Happy Birthday Tate. Maybe we can celebrate all the JULY birthdays at the REUNION! Oh boy!

Nicole B. said...

Man, he is the cutest kid!!