Thursday, March 5, 2009

No luck yet

I started off thinking Scouts was going to be so fun for Tye. Since the ward does not have a scout troop (we barely have a ward) I found a troop for Tye at school. I didn't realize at the time, the heartache and effort that would come into this little activity. We tried the rain gutter regatta (the boat race) and got disqualified (Wes built the boat wrong). Next was the space Derby (rockets) Which my Dad helped Tye and he actually won a few rounds, but lost. But on Tuesday Night - the Pine Wood Derby was here......I actually had hope. I talked to a few people about weights, wheels etc.....Do you think it brought any luck? Look at the Little Blue car in the next picture......


He seriously got smoked....Not even a chance. I had mutual that night so poor Wes has to bear through the heartache alone. At one point in the night his other car didn't even make it down the track, a guy had to give it a little"push"! Honestly, what are the chances, we totally stink at scouting. When I got home later that night, I found this on the kitchen counter.

Look at his car, can you tell he's a Colts Fan? I opened up the letter and this is what it said....No "chrofy" for Tye. He did win a box of skittles. I think he won the skittles because they felt so sorry for having to push his car down the track. He thinks he won the skittles because he was "real close" to a trophy. I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth.

It's a good thing life isn't all about races.
Last weekend Wes took him on his first Winter Scout Camp, and he loved it.

There were all kinds of Winter Activities ice fishing, sledding, and he earned a bunch of other badges. The camp was nice, according to Wes (minus the men snoring - Wes called me twice to demonstrate how some of the men were snoring in his cabin) But they had a great time.
I love the next picture of them ice fishing. Although like many other things, the Davis Family Fishing skill's stink.



Luckily, he still loves scouts, and maybe by the time he's getting ready to finish I learn how to sew all those patches on....



5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Maybe you will have better luck next year!

Travis and Nikki said...

Love the pictures. Dude my heart goes out for ya. but it is okay to loose. We know all about that at our house with the Evanston wrestling match that was held today. It's all good. Love ya Tye

Karry said...

Tye may not have the fastest car in the pine wood derby, but that boy has determination! He will excel in the things that matter most.

MyrLynn said...

Jax had his Pine Wood Derby in Jan. I didn't even post a blog about it cause it went so bad. 24 boys raced each other twice each. Jax didn't win 1 race. It is so hard for them. We know about not crossing the finish line!

Tara said...

i'm with you on the scouts thing...you should read my blog post from last year's pine wood derby! i can't believe they had a winter camp, did they freeze to death out there? it looks coooollld! at least the pictures look they had fun, wes is a trooper:)