Monday, March 16, 2009

The Catch Up

I go on spurts, I love blogging, then I get so far behind I put it off. By the time I have the time to actually get a few things posted I get overwhelmed, don't post anything...can you tell this is a very complicated relationship, this whole blogging world. Instead of posting about everything, I'll pick the highlights of the last week. Here's a quick catch up on the Davis Family.

Last Sunday I had New Beginnings planned for YW. I have spent months preparing for this night, we were doing a full dinner and had a awesome theme of "Following the Light". Did I mention I spent months preparing for this.....needless to remind everyone of where we live, Sunday morning we woke up to a massive Winter Storm Warning. I was on my way to the church with my second car load of decorations food, handouts and the works when my bishop called and asked us to reschedule. My life has never gone according to plan. We did get over 8 inches of snow in a 5 hour period, so I shouldn't complain.

The rest of the week consisted of the norm. I volunteered in both the boys classrooms, worked too much at the office, probably did about 16 loads of laundry, and can't even count how many times I sweep the floor last week. There is still no sign of spring, the only change that has occurred is the amount of Mud my kids seem to come in contact with. Even today after school we have so much snow melting that the boys find hours of entertainment playing in the mud. It's real cute until you spend every night cleaning their shoes for school in the morning.

I let my boys have a sleep over with friends, (I'm still finding popcorn kennels in weird spots.) They also stayed up until 2:00 in the morning, they obviously didn't inherit that from me. But I love their friends, they are such nice boys. The next day I took them to the circus. I'd never been to the circus, and can't say I'll be returning anytime soon......(Young Mexican Girls in Vegas Show room costumes swinging around ropes really did a number on my little boys.) Although I totally LOVED the elephants, strange, but they were really amazing. We also saw a guy fall off the tight ropes, and that was a little scary. But it was fun.....



I had like 16 pictures of the elephants on my camera....what in the heck am I going to do with 16 pictures of elephants......Below are the boys with their friends and overpriced snow cones!


We did come across a fabulous Mexican Restaurant last week, and have been back twice. After living in Arizona and having a taste of real Mexican food were pretty picky, but finally found a spot. I also went to a performance at the college of Beauty and the Beast.....so I thought. I took all the mutual girls with me, to expose them a little culture, so I told them. When we got there I learned that the performance was actually being put on by the Green Bay Dance Academy. I thought we'd be Ok.....oh I was so wrong. By the end of the first act I knew I was in trouble. Belle was in her 40's. I am so not kidding. I even opened up my program to read about her and it said she'd been dancing for 38 years......(It was a long performance.) The worst part was that I couldn't stop laughing. I would start laughing so hard at some of the scenes that I would start shaking. The last straw occurred when the beast finally took off his mask and he had grey hair and a massive bald spot....He had to be in his early 60's....Please someone take me out of my misery. My mutual girls couldn't stop making fun of me for taking them....and I seriously laughed the whole way home. So much for culture, I should have known when we were the youngest people in the audience!
I can tell you that it's finally starting to warm up. We rode our horses 3 times last week, and actually reached over 40 degrees....twice. It felt so nice on Saturday that we put the sun roof down as we were running errands, seriously 40 feels like 85 after what we've been through!
So that's about all from last week...never a dull moment, a quick catch up on our everyday adventures! I have decided that life is never going to slow down....I just keep hanging on for dear life!

4 comments:

Travis and Nikki said...

Hey guys!! I love the update. I haven't taken the kids to the circus, now I am wondering if that is something we can do with out. Does Taylor like the necklace that we sent her? I thought it was cute. Take care love ya, Nik

Amanda said...

Yay! I love updates! I have been checking all last week for you to update! I'm glad its 40 degrees there! It's almost 80 degrees here! Keep the blogs coming!

Love you, Amanda

Karry said...

I like elephants too...but only because they make me look skinny. :)

Kris said...

I still remember Sis. Jensen taking us to some ballet when we were younger and having fond memories of that boring show so at least your instilling good times for your mutual girls. That's a plus in itself! Poor thing with your weather. I don't know if I could handle it. When's the next trip?