Monday, March 23, 2009

Highlights

So I'm in the same boat as last week. Another weeks rolls bye and I have to try and play catch up on my blogging. Life has been great, busy, but not overwhelming like some weeks. I am cooking mac-n-cheese for dinner tonight, so that buys me a little time to post a few highlights of the week.

Build a Bear - it's Tate's new obsession, and I'm not kidding when I say obsession. He went there a few weeks for a birthday party and hasn't stopped talking about it since. He keeps asking when he can go there for his birthday....Trust me, Wes and I are not thrilled about this new obsession, nor do I like the price tag that comes along with it. However we did buckle down and take him there. We made his use his own money, which he didn't mind, but he added another bear to his collection. He has plans for 3 or 4 more bears so he's been really good about cleaning the bathrooms lately. Of course once we got there it's so hard to not have fun. They really do have so many cute ideas and fun bears. It was fun to watch the kids stuff the bear, kiss the heart and all the junk you find yourself getting caught up in.
Tate picked out a black bear this time with a jogging suit and I helped him put it together. Tye was the photographer for the day, but he really did good job, although Tate looks likes he's totally buzzed.....

Wes helped Taylor (and had some help for the ladies), she picked out a glitter halter top, a mini skirt, pink cowboy boots, a hot pink purse and bright pink bows for her bear......heaven help me when she's older.



The final outcome actually turned out super cute, and I'm now an official build a bear "stuff" club member! (Too bad I can't stuff their bears with some junk from my trunk)



The next fun stop for the weekend was the Bulls and
Sorry for the interruption but Wes just saw what I fixed for dinner and asked me....."How come the more money I make the cheaper food you buy? I said, we'll I've been busy today and didn't have time to fix dinner. He said, "I don't mind the mac-n-cheese but why in the heck does it have to be great value...it tastes like....____? Can't you at least by something decent. I can't stop laughing. I did cut up a cantaloupe and make brownies so it would at least be a three course meal.....
O.K. so the next fun stop for the week was the Dodge Rodeo circuit that came to town. Our family always has fun at the rodeo. Of course I'd never been to a rodeo before marrying Wes, but I really do like them (They always make me feel patriotic for some reason). We started going when we lived at the Village, we went to the Ogden Days Rodeo which is still one of the best ones we've ever been to. We've been to the NFR and many other big ones, but I like the little hometown rodeos. I want to have a village reunion with all our old friends one day and head to the rodeo. We use to have to wait until 7:30, because we couldn't afford the tickets every night, but I think it would be fun to round everyone up and go again. My camera battery died two minutes into the show, but we did manage a few shots.

My kids have spent the entire last week playing rodeo and once Tate found out that the cowboys won money for riding bulls he thinks he's found his calling in life. (Over my dead body)




So on Friday I really had nothing to do. It was a really beautiful day so Taylor was out sitting on her bench and I realized how terrible her hair was.....O.K. so you can't see it up close, but it was rough!


I had passed by this little boutique/salon called Snips & Giggles. It's a little Salon totally dedicated to little kids. Yes, it was over the top, and yes, it was worth every penny. She LOVED it, they papered her completely. She got her hair cut in the little pink Cadillac and boy did she think she was hot stuff......it was really fun!
The place was decked out to the nines, and of course Wes, Sitting on the Princess couch had to make every smart remark possible. He kept calling the place a beauty parlor and the stylists were totally laughing at him. He kept looking around at all the frilly stuff and rolling his eyes at the price tag, but he footed the bill.


She picked out some new hair bows and I went with the decision to grow out her bangs.....a decision I'm hoping I won't regret.

Ready for the NFL
This little boy seriously believes he's going to the top. His whole life is playing football or beating his Dad on the wii. He has wanted football pants and pads for months, and finally saved up enough money to buy them. We found a used store (Play it again Sports) and found pads, pants, and a practice jersey. He's lived in them every since. He even wore the shoulder pads on the way home. I don't have the heart to tell him his chances will be slim, I only tell him to keep practicing. Now, he's saving for a helmet, but I refuse to rain on his dreams....reality will hit soon enough in life.

So that's the highlights, the weekly Davis wrap up that I hope to get better at!


10 comments:

Travis and Nikki said...

The blog is awesome. I love the build a bear. We'll have to try that out. I love Taylor without bangs and the beauty parlor was cute. Love that Tubby was eating on the pretty couch:) Ty love the pads buddy go Green Bay!! Also the Rodeo looks way fun. I love the blogging business I feel like I don't miss out. Hope all is well and thanks for catching me up. Hope to see you soon. Love US

MaryAnn said...

I also think Taylor looks cute without the bangs. Sounds like you guys have been up to your usualy non-stop action!

Tara said...

priceless picture of wes dressing the bear in a pink mini skirt and then sitting on the princess couch...oh the things a dad will do for his little girl:) and yes, let's plan a village reunion someday along with the ogden rodeo!! have another great week, at least you're just catching up week by week, not month to month like me!

Erin said...

BELIEVE ME...you'll be so glad once those bangs are grown out! Sydney is now 10, and has never once had bangs. I don't regret it for a second. She WANTS bangs now, so I told her once she can do her hair (good) completely on her own (including using a curling iron competently) she can have bangs!

Karry said...

Where do I even start? I love the photo of ultra manly cowboy Wes putting a pink skirt on a teddy bear and sitting on a tiara couch. I can just imagine Taylor’s reaction to all the pampering and wish I could have been there to see it. I adore Tate’s obsessions – band aids, suckers, horses, teddy bears – that boy is fully invested. As for Tye, I have to laugh about him calling to tell me about his football pads. “They aren’t for ladies – they’re real football pads, the hard kind,” he said. Just thinking about it again makes me laugh out loud. As for you dear sister, Mac-n-Cheese, cantaloupe and brownies is NOT a three-course meal. Nice try.

Amanda said...

I'm with Wes on the Wal-mart brand! I will have to get you my Mom's homemade mac-n-cheese Recipe! We will have to go to Build-A-Bear with your kids and all of us! We can build a zoo!!!! When are you coming back home? Miss you!! Love you!!

JennyD said...

Hi Kim!! Are you freezing yet! You went from the HOT to the cCCCold!! I love reading about your family- Your kiddies are adorable! Take care!

JennyD said...

Hi Kim!! Are you freezing yet! You went from the HOT to the cCCCold!! I love reading about your family- Your kiddies are adorable! Take care!

JennyD said...

Hi Kim!! Are you freezing yet! You went from the HOT to the cCCCold!! I love reading about your family- Your kiddies are adorable! Take care!

Tonya said...

Tell Wes to lighten up, i'm sure you two don't complain when he drags you around to his horse auctions, rodeos and guy stuff. Really he is just looking for a reaction anyways. I know, that's Tom to a tee.