Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Very Nontraditional

We had a very nontraditional Thanksgiving....we went on Vacation to Wisconsin Dells - our families favorite new spot! The resort was called Chula Vista - and it was Fabulous.

Trust me these kids were in Heaven!

The Resort is huge with everything you can imagine to do. You never have to leave the resort, you just pick up the phone call the shuttle and say, I'd like to go bowling and zip there you go, or we'd like to have some lunch and zip they pick you up. Golfing, shopping and zip your on your way. I can't tell you how nice it was to not remind my kids 6 times to put on seat belts! We stayed in a building on the golf course.



The best part was they had this amazing indoor waterpark that we indulged in for hours everyday. The slides of course were our favorite part. You have to look closely to the circle hole in the middle, it's called the toilet bowl and it was so much fun. I literally felt like I was 14 again, but my body soon reminded me I'm well into my 30's every time I had to climb the 4 flights of stairs carrying a two man tube to reach the top.
Here is an inside shot, but it's hard to really see.



Wes's Sister Kylie joined us for the trip and Taylor was happy to have a new best friend.

Wes even had a great time, but I seriously can't imagine how many stairs he climbed taking Tate & Taylor to the 13 different slides! (With a bad sprained ankle to top it off)


My boys love the arcade and begged everyday to go. They swear every time, there going to hit the jackpot, they just need one more token..... They never do!


Cashing in the tokens is a long dreadful process once they realize they only have enough tickets for junk!

At Night they had different shows you could go to, and we picked the magic show. It was a little ify at the beginning, the magician had a perma smile and I kept giggling & thinking to myself, is this guy serious? But he did have some pretty neat tricks. The kids loved it, so that's all the matters.

Your going to laugh but my absolute favorite part was the fact that we had our on spa right outside our back door. Wes & I could just relax in the condo and the kids spent hours playing games in the hot tub!



I'm learning to be better about being away from home on the holidays, but places like this make it easy to forget I'm homesick! We still tried to remind our kids about Thanksgiving and why we celebrate it, but Tate said if we can come here for next Thanksgiving it "might" make it on his list for one of his favorite holidays! I don't think my spill on the importance of being thankful for what we have was even heard!
Very Nontraditional.....But Very Fun!


4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Sounds like a fun time! If you can't be home you might as well skip all the traditional stuff and just have a really good time!

Karry said...

Next time I’m in Wisconsin, we should “zip” to Wisconsin Dells. The only places I’ve been in Wisconsin are Golden Steer and Kohls. Whoo hoo! I’ll plan a trip this spring/summer so I can see Wisconsin when it’s not freezing and snow covered.

Glad you guys had fun, but we missed you!

MyrLynn said...

That is it! I am seriously coming to visit you! Mark this one as the first stop

Erin said...

Hello Friend! I need your address will you please email it to me at erinmturley@gmail.com! Thanks much!