Saturday, November 7, 2009

Beautiful Nauvoo

There are countless moments when the complexities of life wear me down. The moments of my inadequacy as a mother, wife, person in general seem to come more often and the trials of life seem to surface. Then you visit Nauvoo....

Enter the homes they left behind....
And walk in the streets where they walked...
The reverence is overwhelming,

The stories of hardship, faith and endurance bring you to a different understanding, and you are humbled.
When you cross the river they crossed,
You imagine life, their life and witness the simpleness of it all.You learn about a Prophet, his life, his legacy, and you love him so much more.
You stand in the room where he spent his last moments of this life...
And testify to your sweet sons of his divinity.
You pray, that your sons will love each other the way they did.
You treasure the fact that your family is forever.
Then before you go home, you realize how blessed you are to be a mother of them...

A Sister to her,
And to have the blessings of an Eternal Family.

And when those moments of inadequacy come, I remember, I remember them,
and hope to have more faith,


and remember the spirit that I felt, the witness that I received, the realization of sacrifices made, all for the Gospel that I love.
Beautiful Nauvoo....

Beautiful Nauvoo.

4 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

What a beautiful trip! Thanks for keeping everything in perspective.

Karry said...

What a great trip. I wish we were still there. I love you.

Tara said...

wow, what a powerful yet simple entry...it sounded and looked like a perfect little book to have sitting on your table! i'm serious you need to publish that just as it is!! i hope to visit nauvoo someday, i bet it's amazing! glad you had such a great time:)
p.s. how do you know mrs. olsen? i'm friends with her little sister nikki! small world!

Lolo said...

Loved your entry. Can you email me your address so i can send you guys a christmas card: lorilehoward@gmail.com. Thanks! I only have your ID address...i am a bit behind!